naomi5483
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I’m thinking of applying to Uni Of Essex for 2021, and at the moment it’s my top choice but I was wondering from a student’s point of view how ethnically diverse it is? Diversity is really important to me so wanted to see if it actually lives up to what they say about it being very diverse. Thank you
mak48
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Very diverse uni indeed. You will forget that you are not in London as there are people from all parts of the world studying at this uni.
2Calum1906
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
As someone who goes to Essex, i can say yes its a diverse place. There are a large amount of students from different background etc. Also i think Essex is one of (if not top) university for international and EU students as a proportion of the population?
catmcquilkin
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
yeah i agree, essex is so diverse. A lot of people are from london as its so close to home for them, and london is obviously very ethnically diverse, but it also has a massive international student population - i think i read somewhere its liek 40% international students. So overall very diverse, however one thing i noticed is out of the national students, the majority are from south england rather than north england if that matters ? Theres also a international food markets on the campus squares so lots of different foods to try!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.6%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (798)
42.09%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (376)
19.83%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (85)
4.48%

Watched Threads