The Student Room Group

PGCE

Hi Guys,

I just had a quick question. Does it matter what you get in assignments or do we just need to pass them? Also, how does the grading system work? I’m studying at BCU btw.
Original post by Ruksi1234
Hi Guys,

I just had a quick question. Does it matter what you get in assignments or do we just need to pass them? Also, how does the grading system work? I’m studying at BCU btw.

Hi @Ruksi1234

Your PGCE assignments are graded on a pass or fail basis, if you pass your PGCE your academic assignments carry 60 credits which can count towards a Masters should you wish to pursue it at a later date.

Hope this helps.

Sue
Reply 2
Hi @GetIntoTeaching [br] [br] Thank you for your reply.

So, would I just need to pass my assignments? Whether I get 50 or 70 will not make a difference?
Original post by Ruksi1234
Hi @GetIntoTeaching [br] [br] Thank you for your reply.

So, would I just need to pass my assignments? Whether I get 50 or 70 will not make a difference?

That's what we have at my uni, you just have to pass and it doesn't really matter what you get as nothing goes on your certificate. However, if you plan to use the credits to complete the Masters, then what you get will go towards the Masters classification.
Reply 4
Thank you so much for this!!
Original post by Muserock
That's what we have at my uni, you just have to pass and it doesn't really matter what you get as nothing goes on your certificate. However, if you plan to use the credits to complete the Masters, then what you get will go towards the Masters classification.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending