The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Applying to Two places at LSE and Withdrawing an offer

Hi, I recently was offered a place for bsc Politics and economics at LSE and I also applied for economics but since at LSE I can only get maximum one offer and I hadn't yet received a rejection for economics at LSE, I decided to withdraw my economics offer so I could firm politics and economics at LSE and book accommodation. I've firmed LSE but the accommodation system isn't working for me.

Will my offer to study politics and economics be revoked now? No right? Because I was withdrawing from a course I was going to get rejected from anyway....
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I recently was offered a place for bsc Politics and economics at LSE and I also applied for economics but since at LSE I can only get maximum one offer and I hadn't yet received a rejection for economics at LSE, I decided to withdraw my economics offer so I could firm politics and economics at LSE and book accommodation. I've firmed LSE but the accommodation system isn't working for me.

Will my offer to study politics and economics be revoked now? No right? Because I was withdrawing from a course I was going to get rejected from anyway....

Shouldnt make any difference, but why not speak to accommodation or admissions as only they cna really give you the answer and look you up on their systems. I wouldnt think so imo.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Shouldnt make any difference, but why not speak to accommodation or admissions as only they cna really give you the answer and look you up on their systems. I wouldnt think so imo.

Thanks for your reply! Yes, I wanted to but the LSE office is only reopening on Friday so I'll definitely give them a call and check. I successfully firmed LSE on UCAS, it's just that I haven't received any acknowledgement from LSE and it hasn't been updated on their system so I can't book accommodation (I'm guessing this is because their office is closed). I will definitely give them a call and drop them an email once their office reopens.
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for your reply! Yes, I wanted to but the LSE office is only reopening on Friday so I'll definitely give them a call and check. I successfully firmed LSE on UCAS, it's just that I haven't received any acknowledgement from LSE and it hasn't been updated on their system so I can't book accommodation (I'm guessing this is because their office is closed). I will definitely give them a call and drop them an email once their office reopens.

Sorry my answer was a bit early in the morning for me.
Ofc confirm with them, biut inb the situation you have accepted and firmed an offer, then they cannot take it away or withdraw it because you have proof you firmed it and they didnt for any reason try to withdraw the offer. Withdrawing yourself from Economics makes no difference.
If you still wish to be cnsidered for pure Economics it would make sense to talk to admissions, you must have a great application to get accpeted for what you have so well done.

You just seem like a worrier and need to chill. Its only just been the Bank holiday plus we have cv19 so things are likely to take a little longer. Check the accommodation page and understand the key dates and how the process works, research some of the halls, so once you are able to apply you already know what you are doing.

Good luck.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Sorry my answer was a bit early in the morning for me.
Ofc confirm with them, biut inb the situation you have accepted and firmed an offer, then they cannot take it away or withdraw it because you have proof you firmed it and they didnt for any reason try to withdraw the offer. Withdrawing yourself from Economics makes no difference.
If you still wish to be cnsidered for pure Economics it would make sense to talk to admissions, you must have a great application to get accpeted for what you have so well done.

You just seem like a worrier and need to chill. Its only just been the Bank holiday plus we have cv19 so things are likely to take a little longer. Check the accommodation page and understand the key dates and how the process works, research some of the halls, so once you are able to apply you already know what you are doing.

Good luck.

Yes, I will definitely confirm with LSE later! I'm aware I sound a little stressed but just wanted to make sure I did the right thing by withdrawing. I don't really wish for LSE to consider my application for pure economics anymore seeing as I've already made my other uni choices based on politics and economics,I also only withdrew my economics course application so I could reply on UCAS and book accommodation fast because I've heard it's really hard to secure good accommodation when you apply late. Thank you so much for all the help though, definitely very reassuring!

Quick Reply

Latest