Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi everyone,

I’m going to be a general course student at LSE in the fall. I’m concerned about the social scene and living accommodation. I’m 21 and I’m sure most general course students are my age, but I’ve been reading that in most undergrad halls the people are 18.... so should I choose to live in Northumberland with the post grad students? i’m definitely a really social person and want to go out and make friends, so does anyone have any insight into where most general course students live or if I should live in the more “Social halls” like Bankside? Any help would be really appreciated!!
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
If you’re a ‘social’ person then avoid Northumberland at all costs.

I would go for Bankside in your position - it’s got a greater range of ages than Passfield/Carr-Saunders, which are mostly 18/19 year olds.
elroz23
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi! I'm going to be on the GC and I'll be 21 (turning 22) during the 2020/2021 year from California! I'll be living in Urbanest WB - I know there's a lot of graduate students there and LSE has their own section of the building. I spoke to a representative on the phone to discuss my 3 bed/2 bath apartment in WB and he helped move me to a different room to put me with people my age at LSE - maybe you can talk to a representative at one of the dorms you're looking into? I chose WB over Northumberland/Bankside for bathroom size, nicer common spaces, and the gym inside the building.
nhutto
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
My daughter just decided to attend TGC for 20/21 and is trying to decide on accommodations. Have you found a forum, or is there any way she can connect with TGC students on living arrangements?
Anonymous #2
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by nhutto)
My daughter just decided to attend TGC for 20/21 and is trying to decide on accommodations. Have you found a forum, or is there any way she can connect with TGC students on living arrangements?
There's a FB page for GC students, the link is in an email from the GC staff and they accept you on the page with the LSE application ID!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (291)
55.96%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.04%

Watched Threads