RyanStockton67
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
#1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
#1
I am currently in the midst of writing my dissertation. My deadline is in 14 days and I currently have 4000 words, 6000 more to go. I know I will 100% be able to complete it though it will be painful. Anyone have any dissertation stories to share to give me hope and faith.
0
reply
Corey Payne
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
#2
Report 1 year ago
#2
(Original post by RyanStockton67)
I am currently in the midst of writing my dissertation. My deadline is in 14 days and I currently have 4000 words, 6000 more to go. I know I will 100% be able to complete it though it will be painful. Anyone have any dissertation stories to share to give me hope and faith.
I did mine in a week! You certainly have the time! You just have to have a timetable with lots of breaks involved to put your mind at ease!
0
reply
Thejasonn
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
#3
Report 1 year ago
#3
Did the vast majority of mine in the last few days before the deadline. Stayed up for 48 hours. Missed the deadline by about 10 minutes. Received a 5% penalty.

Managed to achieve high 80%, but penalty bought it down a bit. Biggest achievement to date but also my biggest regret.

So, 14 days is plenty of time! Good luck.
0
reply
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
#4
Report 1 year ago
#4
I researched in a day, wrote in a day, proofed in a day. It can be done.
0
reply
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
#5
Report 1 year ago
#5
Hey,

I had my dissertation due very early in the year (6th Jan) for my course. I went away for Christmas holiday to visit family and had the intention to write abit more during that time but I had only finished 25% of it so I ended up having to finish the rest of the 75% of the remaining word count in a week in order to make the deadline.
It's tough but you will make it, give yourself small deadlines for each day or every 2 days. It helped me keep track on how I am doing.

Doreen-maria - Official Student Rep 😀
0
reply
csnerd
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
#6
Report 1 year ago
#6
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
I researched in a day, wrote in a day, proofed in a day. It can be done.
wow

i've been working on mine for 7 months, and it's still not done. lol
0
reply
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
#7
Report 1 year ago
#7
(Original post by csnerd)
wow

i've been working on mine for 7 months, and it's still not done. lol
I guess it depends exactly what you do, and how good you are at blagging. I didn't get the best grade in the world, BUT I knew I couldn't get a 1st, and I had a secure 2:1 based on what I'd already done, so I only needed to pass it.
0
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.72%
Excited but a bit nervous (122)
45.69%
Not bothered either way (35)
13.11%
I'm really nervous (52)
19.48%

Watched Threads

View All
Latest
My Feed