Question regarding self isolation

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Guys, just a question regarding self isolation. My mother was admitted to hospital last Thursday due to debilitating short but sharp headaches, cough as well as completely losing her sense of taste. They said to self isolate for 2 weeks.

I've also pretty much got a slight tickle at the back of my throat but nothing else. (we suspect we picked up whatever it was in Tesco a few weeks ago).

When in hospital, they did a COVID-19 test which we got the results back for yesterday, the test came back negative (however they believe she made a mild case of coronavirus). Do we still follow guidelines to self isolate or now the test has come back negative, do the self isolation recommendations no longer apply?

Yes, self isolation will happen regardless. I'm asking because I've looked online and can't find a concrete answer as of what to do.
Anonymous #1
We were told to self isolate on Saturday and so, the self isolation, should we still need to do so will continue until the 25th. However, as said before, tests came back negative for covid-19.
Anonymous #1
The final sentence was meant to say social distancing will continue, not self isolation (unless required)... my bad. Sadly can't edit anon...
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I know this is four days late, but you should certainly continue to isolate if you have symptoms.

HER test came back negative, but YOU can't be sure what you have.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (31)
27.43%
Less motivated (82)
72.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise