Tom200414
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I swear every a level resource has AQA, Edexel, OCR and the northern Irish ones that idk about but WJEC is nowhere to be seen, everyone ignores it and especially for chem the spec is quite different to the other exam boards. There is nothing for welsh ppl to use so annoying .
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
What subjects do you do?
Tom200414
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by PetitePanda)
What subjects do you do?
well I haven't actually started yet just finished y11 going into y12 but I'm taking chem, maths and religious studies
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Tom200414)
well I haven't actually started yet just finished y11 going into y12 but I'm taking chem, maths and religious studies
I’ll try to find some for those but it’s very unlikely for religious studies. Normally wjec students rely on textbooks but I really don’t recommend getting them until yr 12. I’ll quote again once I’m on my laptop to hopefully give you some links
CurryCurry2468
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I swear every a level resource has AQA, Edexel, OCR and the northern Irish ones that idk about but WJEC is nowhere to be seen, everyone ignores it and especially for chem the spec is quite different to the other exam boards. There is nothing for welsh ppl to use so annoying .
Yeah, i must say WJEC has been in the shadow of the awarding bodies for many years when it comes to resources. I remember doing eduqas geography for gcse (eduqas is the british version of WJEC) and there was one course textbook that was outdated and one revision guide from hodder education and that was it.

We had to mainly rely on just past paper questions and memorising mark schemes....

I think it is due to the fact that WJEC is not as big as the other awarding bodies and their lack of resources in general is quite off putting for schools when deciding which course to follow. Awarding bodies such as AQA and Edexcel have so much for teachers to use such as maths emporium, All about maths, exampro and much more.

I think WJEC has this thing called Question bank which is basically exampro but a public web version.

I am sure WJEC are working on more resources due to school closures and they will acknowledge learning out a textbook without a teacher explaining is not good...
Peaches13
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I am also starting in September and can’t find anything to get a head start. What a levels are you doing x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (17)
13.08%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (31)
23.85%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (58)
44.62%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (20)
15.38%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
3.08%

Watched Threads