The Student Room Group

I am so lonely :(

Hi I am gonna keep this as short as possible cause Ik no one gonna be bothered to read any long ass paragraphs.

I feel so lonely. I wish I had at least 1 friend that I could talk to and share everything with, that I can text and joke around with but I don't. No one really talks to me or notices me, unless they need something of course lol.

Of course they are the people I hang out with at school, but Ik my school friends aren't my friends. They don't text me, they don't invite me nowhere (before lockdown). My phone is dry af.

People say I am quiet (which I am) but when I talk conversations seem so one sided, and they either don't care about what I'm saying or they make a big deal about how I am talking, like saying **** like "this is the first time I heard you speak" when it really ain't, which in turn shakes my confidence when it is already low enough. Feel like such an outsider, like no one understands me.

At least I got my parents, and my family (even though my siblings barely talk to me either). I think I've accepted that this is gonna be my life. I don't even know why I wrote this lol, not like no one reading cares. But thanks if you did read it :smile:.

Scroll to see replies

How old are you? Depending on your age, are you in sixth form, school or university?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by TheStarboy
How old are you? Depending on your age, are you in sixth form, school or university?

I am going into sixth form in september.
Reply 3
Thank you.. hopefully things get better.
You're just around the wrong crowd and mature for your age. I wouldn't worry.. you'll be at an advantage in a few years for sure!
I'm the same. Uni finished last month, exams are online. Moved back in with my family which sucks and can't meet friends. Trying to keep busy with exam work and binging on Netflix haha. Game of Thrones atm.
Original post by Anonymous
I am going into sixth form in september.

The sixth form is a new stage for you. Focus on getting ready for then and forget about worrying about the past.
Did I just read about myself here? I relate to everything you said. Don't think I have anyone that I can call a proper friend. Everyone's got their group chats and someone to talk to and here I got no one. I am also quiet, and the same things happens either they don't care or they make a big deal out of it when I talk. The amount of times I've been bullied cause of it, and no one really cares or stops it, teachers don't even notice me or know who I am. Same thing with family, my sister can't seem to stand me. I don't remember the last time I had a proper conversation with her...

Just know that you are not alone, and there are many people out there who are going through the same thing, even worse than we are. There are people out there who do care about you.
Did I just read about myself here? I relate to everything you said. Don't think I have anyone that I can call a proper friend. Everyone's got their group chats and someone to talk to and here I got no one. I am also quiet, and the same things happens either they don't care or they make a big deal out of it when I talk. The amount of times I've been bullied cause of it, and no one really cares or stops it, teachers don't even notice me or know who I am. Same thing with family, my sister can't seem to stand me. I don't remember the last time I had a proper conversation with her...

Just know that you are not alone, and there are many people out there who are going through the same thing, even worse than we are. There are people out there who do care about you.

Are you in sixth form, uni or school?
Original post by TheStarboy
Are you in sixth form, uni or school?

I'm in sixth form
Hi I am gonna keep this as short as possible cause Ik no one gonna be bothered to read any long ass paragraphs.

I feel so lonely. I wish I had at least 1 friend that I could talk to and share everything with, that I can text and joke around with but I don't. No one really talks to me or notices me, unless they need something of course lol.

Of course they are the people I hang out with at school, but Ik my school friends aren't my friends. They don't text me, they don't invite me nowhere (before lockdown). My phone is dry af.

People say I am quiet (which I am) but when I talk conversations seem so one sided, and they either don't care about what I'm saying or they make a big deal about how I am talking, like saying **** like "this is the first time I heard you speak" when it really ain't, which in turn shakes my confidence when it is already low enough. Feel like such an outsider, like no one understands me.

At least I got my parents, and my family (even though my siblings barely talk to me either). I think I've accepted that this is gonna be my life. I don't even know why I wrote this lol, not like no one reading cares. But thanks if you did read it :smile:.

Get yourself in the Army/RAF/Navy perhaps, if there's one thing the military is good for it is bringing you out of your shell.
Original post by puppygirl
I'm the same. Uni finished last month, exams are online. Moved back in with my family which sucks and can't meet friends. Trying to keep busy with exam work and binging on Netflix haha. Game of Thrones atm.

I feel the same its really difficult at the moment
I'm in sixth form

I’m guessing this is in year 12.
Loneliness is a killer especially during a lockdown.
Try and find hobbies to keep yourself busy or to make friends through.
this is me too except theres no people i hung out with at school lol and im in 6th. have no social media either. maybe when lockdown ends join a club like explorer scouts (age14-18), i used to go to regular scouts and that was the height of my social life

If you ever need an online friend I'm here :thumbsup:

omg so I'm currently 20 and during my whole school time I had the exact same experience as you. I had no real friends, no one invited me anywhere, everyone said i was shy, my sister hardly spoke to me etc. Because of all of this I let it get in the way of my A-Levels and i messed up, which i regret so much rn. I honestly would love to be your friend as I know exactly how you are feeling. I would often go to hang around with different groups because I didn't know who to be with. Maybe you should be confident and just confront one of them and speak about it with them. This is something i wish i did in my school years. i felt so lonely to the point where i got depressed. Please don't get to this stage it's horrible. you should be lucky you have your family with you. Please feel free to dm me and we can talk, or add me on instagram/ whatsapp.
Original post by itsyahg
omg so I'm currently 20 and during my whole school time I had the exact same experience as you. I had no real friends, no one invited me anywhere, everyone said i was shy, my sister hardly spoke to me etc. Because of all of this I let it get in the way of my A-Levels and i messed up, which i regret so much rn. I honestly would love to be your friend as I know exactly how you are feeling. I would often go to hang around with different groups because I didn't know who to be with. Maybe you should be confident and just confront one of them and speak about it with them. This is something i wish i did in my school years. i felt so lonely to the point where i got depressed. Please don't get to this stage it's horrible. you should be lucky you have your family with you. Please feel free to dm me and we can talk, or add me on instagram/ whatsapp.

same
A lot of you all seem to be experiencing the same thing. Also something i've noticed on these kinds of posts is that the people always sound very mature for their age. What you're saying is always well laid out and you're all very articulate. I think the reason most of you feel so alone or lonely is because the people your age are all quite childish in nature. So...if i might make a suggestion? Make a group chat where you can all just chill and discuss your hobbies, interests or even just how your day went. It appears that youve all experienced bullying at least once in your life, so i think we can all trust that your group chat would be a judgement free zone.

Hey Dude or girl
You aint the only one
Same happens to me too
Legit in College everyone is laughing but tme
You know it’s funny reading stories like this because they sort of remind me of myself 3/4 years back. I was all alone away from my hometown and surrounded by people who were different and older than me and didn’t accept me for who i was. Friends I did have did me a lot of dirt and so I completely stopped talking to/hanging out with them as I didn’t want to get more hurt, I knew I don’t deserve it. I still believe I was a good friend, I would do everything for my “friends” but they would do nothing for me. So I decided to move on even though I knew it’s going to be even harder. The next year was absolute horror. I lived alone in an old apartment, I’d go to uni alone, sit alone in lectures while everyone else was having someone next to them and chatting. We had a 10 minute break in the middle of a 90 min lecture and I’d go to a bathroom on the highest floor and wait until the lectures start again. I’d do it because I didn’t want others to know I didn’t have anyone to hang out with. I felt really bad. I’d come home and cry every day because I hated my life. I am a social person by nature and this was very weird to me. I slowly started accepting and embracing my lifestyle without friends/family around me and try to entertain myself. I managed to go to a fancy restaurant- by myself - for a dinner, go to movies alone, take walks alone... It sounds weird and strange but I started enjoying my time alone as I got to know myself more and what I like. Now I feel happy, even tho I have only 3 friends who don’t really care about me I feel like. But it’s fine because I’ve realized that I don’t need anyone to do things I want to do.
People come and go. But you’ll always be around yourself. So learn to love and accept you as a person. I wish you a lot of self discovery and self love💗 Stay strong!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending