EliteBoy8
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hello guys,Does anyone know any good documentaries about Tudor England (1485-1603) and Cold War (1945-1991) to watch that will help me prepare for year12?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by FahadMuh247)
Hello guys,Does anyone know any good documentaries about Tudor England (1485-1603) and Cold War (1945-1991) to watch that will help me prepare for year12?
Just go on youtube and any videos over 45mins is worth a look.
Docs are a great way to revise.
Alsdo lots of films- Elizabeth as well as the Tudors, Man for all seasons and Wolf Hall.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC88...aHZmcvzvubDFRg
EliteBoy8
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Just go on youtube and any videos over 45mins is worth a look.
Docs are a great way to revise.
Alsdo lots of films- Elizabeth as well as the Tudors, Man for all seasons and Wolf Hall.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC88...aHZmcvzvubDFRg
Thanks for replying. Yeah, I thought watching some documentaries or any films will be the best way to revise right now. I will definitely check out the films you mentioned as well as the Youtube channel.
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
For Tudors: The Six Wives of Henry VIII by Starkey and A History of Britain by Schama
EliteBoy8
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
For Tudors: The Six Wives of Henry VIII by Starkey and A History of Britain by Schama
Oh funny that, I have just started the Six Wives of Henry V|||. Do you know of any documentaries for Cold War?
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Oh funny that, I have just started the Six Wives of Henry V|||. Do you know of any documentaries for Cold War?
Drawing the Curtain: The Cold War in Cartoons and The Cold War: A History in Documents and Eyewitness Accounts
EliteBoy8
Rep:
?
Drawing the Curtain: The Cold War in Cartoons and The Cold War: A History in Documents and Eyewitness Accounts
Ah it looks like those are material will cost me money. Thanks anyways though, I will probably buy them once school starts.
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Ah it looks like those are material will cost me money. Thanks anyways though, I will probably buy them once school starts.
Tbh I rather recommend you waste money on historian books than documentaries
EliteBoy8
Rep:
?
Tbh I rather recommend you waste money on historian books than documentaries
Yeah true, I will look at getting some books or even better if I can find some pdf versions online for the Tudors, since for Cold War my teacher gave me some materials already.
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Yeah true, I will look at getting some books or even better if I can find some pdf versions online for the Tudors, since for Cold War my teacher gave me some materials already.
if you can find pdf version, tag me I would honestly love if you could
EliteBoy8
Rep:
?
if you can find pdf version, tag me I would honestly love if you could
Sure of course, likewise please do the same. I have studied Cold War at GCSE so I know the overall time period but the Tudor period is very new so I’m just a bit anxious.
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Sure of course, likewise please do the same. I have studied Cold War at GCSE so I know the overall time period but the Tudor period is very new so I’m just a bit anxious.
I'm in year 12 so if you have any questions feel free to ask or even specific resources.
EliteBoy8
Rep:
?
I'm in year 12 so if you have any questions feel free to ask or even specific resources.
Do you have any advice in terms of revising for History? Any revision method? For GCSEs I mainly just used the resources my teacher gave and I always managed to get a 9 in my paper. But I feel like for A Levels, I would have to work harder.
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Do you have any advice in terms of revising for History? Any revision method? For GCSEs I mainly just used the resources my teacher gave and I always managed to get a 9 in my paper. But I feel like for A Levels, I would have to work harder.
It depends on what kind of learner you are. Tbh I would stick with your revision method if it works for you. The difficult part is your exam technique so I suggest trying to focus on boosting that and learning the information so it flows well. It's hard to get a B/A* and GCSE exam techniques + good amount of info for Tudor will probably give you a decent C. You do have to work harder for A levels. I definitely using every resource you can grab on and historian books are a godsend. Textbooks will give you the key information but historian books + independent learning will give you the detail that will boost your grade up
SineadH0312
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Lucy Worsley did a 3 episode documentary called Six Wives and is quite an interesting watch and I found that it was helpful as sometimes it can be hard to watch a history documentary due to the monotony of the presenter, however Worsley kept me engrossed. You can find it online by simply typing Lucy Worsley Six Wives and it will appear on daily motion. On Channel 4 they also currently have David Starkey's documentary, the Six Wive of Henry VIII.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (44)
32.35%
No - I have already returned home (16)
11.76%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (27)
19.85%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (11)
8.09%
No - I live at home during term anyway (38)
27.94%

Watched Threads