The Student Room Group

Am I being stupid?

I've recently become more interested in being in a serious relationship (I am 19) and am still a virgin. I've heard so many stories about sex being painful the first time and that it is advised that you do stuff to yourself first to find out what you like etc. plus it may hurt less if I try.
So I started trying a couple of months ago but initially coudln't see the hole at all and when I tried feeling for it, I couldn't feel or see anything with the mirror... so I gave up because it really hurt whenever I would try to go a little deeper. Last week when I looked down there, I noticed more of a hole (its really small and idk if its the vagina but it's below the urethral hole so it must be) and I think its because I've been running everyday for the past 3 weeks so it may have caused part of the hymen to break.
Anyway, I tried again with the finger and could only get like half a centimeter (so like the tip of the nail) before it began hurting too much so I stopped trying. I realised I need to start smaller so today I found a bobby pin and tried putting it in (obviously i put the blunt end in so it wouldn't do any damage) and could get this in but only got like 1-2 inches in before it kind of hurt so I stopped again...
Am I putting it in the right hole, I tried with the opposite end of a small toothbrush (cleaned properly and also old so no longer in use) and when I put it near the entrance it felt really good so I'm assuming I'm in the right place but the toothbrush was too big to go in... idk what to do to make the hole bigger. I also didnt bleed so I'm assuming the hymen is broken and the hole is just really small atm?
Original post by Anonymous
I've recently become more interested in being in a serious relationship (I am 19) and am still a virgin. I've heard so many stories about sex being painful the first time and that it is advised that you do stuff to yourself first to find out what you like etc. plus it may hurt less if I try.
So I started trying a couple of months ago but initially coudln't see the hole at all and when I tried feeling for it, I couldn't feel or see anything with the mirror... so I gave up because it really hurt whenever I would try to go a little deeper. Last week when I looked down there, I noticed more of a hole (its really small and idk if its the vagina but it's below the urethral hole so it must be) and I think its because I've been running everyday for the past 3 weeks so it may have caused part of the hymen to break.
Anyway, I tried again with the finger and could only get like half a centimeter (so like the tip of the nail) before it began hurting too much so I stopped trying. I realised I need to start smaller so today I found a bobby pin and tried putting it in (obviously i put the blunt end in so it wouldn't do any damage) and could get this in but only got like 1-2 inches in before it kind of hurt so I stopped again...
Am I putting it in the right hole, I tried with the opposite end of a small toothbrush (cleaned properly and also old so no longer in use) and when I put it near the entrance it felt really good so I'm assuming I'm in the right place but the toothbrush was too big to go in... idk what to do to make the hole bigger. I also didnt bleed so I'm assuming the hymen is broken and the hole is just really small atm?

Hi, dear! My suggestion is to try stimulating your clitoris first. It's an easier way to orgasm for me, I find fingering to be quite hurtful as well. Also, it might be a lot easier to insert your finger after a little clit play, since your vagina won't be as tight and you will get wet. Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, dear! My suggestion is to try stimulating your clitoris first. It's an easier way to orgasm for me, I find fingering to be quite hurtful as well. Also, it might be a lot easier to insert your finger after a little clit play, since your vagina won't be as tight and you will get wet. Hope this helps!

The thing is, I’m not sure if it is my vagina.... I can barely get my finger tip in
If you haven't already, get yourself a little vibrator and just mess around with it and figure out what feels good. (Remember to check if it comes with batteries or order the right type because there's nothing worse than looking forward to it and then realising you can't use it yet!) When people with vaginas become aroused, the vagina actually expands a little bit and this might help you find it and get more confident about the layout down there. Lube may also be helpful but don't go forcing things in as you may hurt yourself and get discouraged. It might also be worth looking into getting something safe and designed for penetration - if dildos look too big and scary you can buy something intended as a butt plug and use that instead as they tend to be smaller (obviously only use it for your vagina and clean it afterwards with sex toy cleaner and warm water and keep it somewhere clean to prevent infections).

If you get periods it might help you get better acquainted with your body if you try using tampons if you haven't already and having a menstrual flow will help it go in easier. Lilets do some really good little ones (i'm pretty sure in some countries you can get ones for teens with Spongebob Squarepants on the box, eek) or you might find that ones that come with an applicator are easier.

If you're still having problems after trying those two things it would be well worth going to see a nurse (you can request a lady) to just talk things through because it sounds like this is worrying you and a nurse can help you figure it out if the above doesn't work.

Good luck
Reply 4
I can see a hole but it looks too small to let anything in...... is this normal?
Reply 5
Okay so I tried a lil more today and was able to get the whole tip into the entrance but when I tried going deeper, I just couldn't? Is there a speific angle that you're supposed to go in at? I tried going in straight but then felt something pretty hard but idk what it is...

Quick Reply

Latest