The Student Room Group

Hi, so I've recently installed snapchat and not sure about something

I've recently installed snapchat to contact 2 friends but worried that if I add them they might be able to tell that I've got only two friends on there and they can see that I've never posted anything. Is there any way I can hide the fact that I will literally have one friend on there and them never knowing, also what other things do I have to hide that might make me look like I lack friends on snapchat I know it is easy to tell on Instagram because all you need to do is look at how many followers they have. Anyone able to help?

Scroll to see replies

You can’t tell on snapchat how many friends a person has. The only thing that might determine this is your snap score. For every snapchat you send to someone or receive, you get a point. It is shown underneath your bitmoji/avatar
Reply 2
Original post by roseflamingo
You can’t tell on snapchat how many friends a person has. The only thing that might determine this is your snap score. For every snapchat you send to someone or receive, you get a point. It is shown underneath your bitmoji/avatar

That sucks is there anyway you can hide it? Do you get points for just sending messages to people?
Reply 3

I guess I could say I only use snapchat for the chat feature and that's why my score is so low.
What do you think?
it's not that deep, ppl have snap scores of over 1000+ the lower means the newer/the less time ur on snapchat for
Reply 5
Original post by Alpha Slayer
it's not that deep, ppl have snap scores of over 1000+ the lower means the newer/the less time ur on snapchat for

Well I won't have a high snap score if I have one friend and I could be on there for years and have a lower snap score than people have been on there for months so they can kinda work out how many friends I have but how could I make it not look so bad? What excuse can I use for a bad snap score?
Original post by Anonymous
Well I won't have a high snap score if I have one friend and I could be on there for years and have a lower snap score than people have been on there for months so they can kinda work out how many friends I have but how could I make it not look so bad? What excuse can I use for a bad snap score?

you don't need to justify your snap score and i have alot of friends that have low snapscores but alot of friends
Reply 7
Original post by Alpha Slayer
you don't need to justify your snap score and i have alot of friends that have low snapscores but alot of friends

What like a snap score of 1 or 2 or even 0
What like a snap score of 1 or 2 or even 0

People don’t really look at snap scores anyway, I don’t bc I don’t care what snap score someone has
Reply 9
People don’t really look at snap scores anyway, I don’t bc I don’t care what snap score someone has

I think I am probably going to take the risk but I a bit concerned

Do you think I should do it? I am really annoyed that snapchat doesn't have a feature to hide your snap score because that would be so useful for people who value their privacy like me but I still need it to communicate with specific people and could do with an excuse lol 😂
The type of people that care about other people's snap scores are the type of people not worth caring about
off topic my snap got hacked and now i cant get it back ffs ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and no your other friends cant see how many other friends you got so its fine
Do you think I should do it? I am really annoyed that snapchat doesn't have a feature to hide your snap score because that would be so useful for people who value their privacy like me but I still need it to communicate with specific people and could do with an excuse lol 😂

Add loads of randomers.. send them loads of snaps of random objects they don't know who it is! Then delete them once ur score is respectable. And then start
Original post by nyllie2004
off topic my snap got hacked and now i cant get it back ffs ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and no your other friends cant see how many other friends you got so its fine

Is that what I say as the excuse?
Add loads of randomers.. send them loads of snaps of random objects they don't know who it is! Then delete them once ur score is respectable. And then start

That sounds interesting. How do I find these people?
No one, and I mean no one actually cares about someone snap scores. No one checks.
Is that what I say as the excuse?

oh lmao no my snap actually got hacked as i saw your thread looooool i got logged out randomly :frown:
Original post by nicolegrace1207
No one, and I mean no one actually cares about someone snap scores. No one checks.

Well someone earlier on on this post said they know people with low and high snap scores that don't have many friends so they do
Well someone earlier on on this post said they know people with low and high snap scores that don't have many friends so they do

Why are you caring about your friends opinion? If you are so insecure about their opinion of something so insignificant such as a snap score, then maybe you shouldn’t be friends with them.

Quick Reply

Latest