Which university is best for MSc Marketing 2020, Imperial/LSE/ Manchester/ Warwick?

Watch
eemhere
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Which university is best for an MSc in Marketing in 2020, Imperial, LSE, Manchester, or Warwick?
FYI: I am an International student and I'll list my preferences in ranking;

1. Employer Reputation - Possibility of Job after Graduation (Career Fairs/Alumni Network/Career Support for Graduates etc.)
2. Quality of Education
3. Location (Living expenses & Part-Time Jobs)
4. Social Life (Sports/Events)
Last edited by eemhere; 1 year ago
sus_pr
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Happy to join this thread!

I am also exploring these options for a MSc in Marketing. So far I have preferred Manchester, Leeds, York or Bath.

Is someone familiar with their quality in Marketing?
Anonymous212a
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think LSE! Better overall reputation
Anonymous212a
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous212a)
I think LSE! Better overall reputation
My friend studied a business/management course there, and said there are amazing prospects after graduation as well as a high quality of teaching
eemhere
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous212a)
My friend studied a business/management course there, and said there are amazing prospects after graduation as well as a high quality of teaching
Thank you so much!
sus_pr
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
And what about anything besides LSE (which has incredibly high fees)?
Anonymous212a
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sus_pr)
And what about anything besides LSE (which has incredibly high fees)?
I’m from the UK and I know that Manchester, Warwick and Bath all have great business schools as well Manchester's MSc Marketing is highly ranked but Warwick and Bath are amongst the best business schools in the UK and Europe
LoydIrving
Badges: 9
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by eemhere)
Which university is best for an MSc in Marketing in 2020, Imperial, LSE, Manchester, or Warwick?

1. Employer Reputation - Possibility of Job after Graduation (Career Fairs/Alumni Network/Career Support for Graduates etc.)
2. Quality of Education
I would say Imperial, their MSc Strategic Marketing has been ranked #2 in the world by Times Higher Education, I think the program layout and curriculum are cutting edge.

https://www.topuniversities.com/univ...marketing/2019

Even though rankings are not the most important, for what you are aiming, Imperial is more practical and career-focused than LSE for example, which is very theoretical, it depends on what approach you like best.

Considering the quality of education, you cannot go wrong with any of the schools you listed, even though I think that Imperial and LSE would be a tier above Warwick, which would be a tier above Manchester (which is a great school nonetheless).

In terms of location, central London will be more expensive than Coventry or Manchester, but you might have more chances to get a part-time job there if you have the time... (these programs are a lot of work)

Regarding social-life/sports, if you like city life I would choose London then Manchester, but if you prefer campus life and sports, then Warwick is the definitely more relevant.

Hope it helps!

Cheers
eemhere
Rep:
?
(Original post by Archeklain)
I would say Imperial, their MSc Strategic Marketing has been ranked #2 in the world by Times Higher Education, I think the program layout and curriculum are cutting edge.

https://www.topuniversities.com/univ...marketing/2019

Even though rankings are not the most important, for what you are aiming, Imperial is more practical and career-focused than LSE for example, which is very theoretical, it depends on what approach you like best.

Considering the quality of education, you cannot go wrong with any of the schools you listed, even though I think that Imperial and LSE would be a tier above Warwick, which would be a tier above Manchester (which is a great school nonetheless).

In terms of location, central London will be more expensive than Coventry or Manchester, but you might have more chances to get a part-time job there if you have the time... (these programs are a lot of work)

Regarding social-life/sports, if you like city life I would choose London then Manchester, but if you prefer campus life and sports, then Warwick is the definitely more relevant.

Hope it helps!

Cheers
Thank you very much for answering in detail! I really appreciate it!

It definitely helped!

Cheers
a.imran
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

2. Quality of Education
Im going to be going to University of Manchester for Msc Marketing over Kings College. Is that a good decision? I’m really confused
riddhidh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

2. Quality of Education
Hey, I am confused between these 4 colleges as well. I have come down to Imperial and LSE. But I am really confused about which would be better between these two. Let me know what your decision process is like and if you get any useful insights about the course.
Username357357
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by riddhidh)
Hey, I am confused between these 4 colleges as well. I have come down to Imperial and LSE. But I am really confused about which would be better between these two. Let me know what your decision process is like and if you get any useful insights about the course.
Both are good, I went to LSE undergrad and my brother went to Imperial for MSc (not marketing but Finance).
Except if you get into CEMS MIM at LSE (which is their best program by far even though I've heard mixed things about it), I would say that Imperial is a better choice overall, the marketing program is outstanding from what I've heard.
Keep in mind that both are different academic styles so it also depends on what you're looking for
Last edited by Username357357; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (138)
42.59%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.73%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.33%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (68)
20.99%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.49%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise