leonardom1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Im applying for westminster in tourism and events management i whant to know more about it
ell.s
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hello, I'm currently a second year student at Westminster studying tourism with business..Although I am doing business and tourism, the tourism and events management and the tourism and planning courses are very similar as they are all under the topic 'Tourism'. I can assure you that if you want to take on this course you will not regret it for many reasons, some of those reasons are: - Your tutors are extremely supportive and informative.- You will receive a lot of help from the university itself.- You get to interact with all of your classmates (from all tourism courses) and take on fun group-work activities.- Field trips (within London and internationally) are introduced to you. - You gain enormous amount of knowledge of the tourism and events industry by completing work experience in your preferred sector and this is done in your first year! This means you have to find yourself a job in the events sector to work in and believe me you will gain so much experience doing so! To add on, I have a few friends studying tourism and events and they always tell me how much they enjoy it because of their modules and what they learn about! You also have access to all resources you may need (from library to IT).Hopefully this has helped and if you have any more specific questions do let me know and good luck
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by leonardom1)
Im applying for westminster in tourism and events management i whant to know more about it
Hi there :hello:

I would recommend that you get in touch with the university and they will be able to provide further details about the Tourism and Events Management course.

You may also find course content on their website which you may find useful.

I hope this helps

Amy
leonardom1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by ell.s)
Hello, I'm currently a second year student at Westminster studying tourism with business..Although I am doing business and tourism, the tourism and events management and the tourism and planning courses are very similar as they are all under the topic 'Tourism'. I can assure you that if you want to take on this course you will not regret it for many reasons, some of those reasons are: - Your tutors are extremely supportive and informative.- You will receive a lot of help from the university itself.- You get to interact with all of your classmates (from all tourism courses) and take on fun group-work activities.- Field trips (within London and internationally) are introduced to you. - You gain enormous amount of knowledge of the tourism and events industry by completing work experience in your preferred sector and this is done in your first year! This means you have to find yourself a job in the events sector to work in and believe me you will gain so much experience doing so! To add on, I have a few friends studying tourism and events and they always tell me how much they enjoy it because of their modules and what they learn about! You also have access to all resources you may need (from library to IT).Hopefully this has helped and if you have any more specific questions do let me know and good luck
thanks a lot it was very helpfull do you have facebook to chat more?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (10)
14.71%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (12)
17.65%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (31)
45.59%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (12)
17.65%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (3)
4.41%

Watched Threads