The Student Room Group

Year 12 and so stressed.

Hi,
Here’s a little background info - I’ve been revising since the start of October (because I revised for my GCSEs from January-June and my results were pretty average), I share a room with my sister who keeps me up at night, so sleep deprivation may be making me more stressed, I’m at a new school where only about 10 of 400 students know me, I don’t get on well will my family and I’m worried about mock exams.
Okay so, I’m sure a lot of you are in the same boat, maybe year 10s too, but before the Coronavirus I used to revise after school and before school on Tuesdays and I could go at my own pace, but now my teachers keep setting 1 essay per subject a week, a whole project to research, a play to read, an A3 chart to fill in, etc. Anyway, I’m hoping to finish all my Easter homework today so I can spend the next week and a half revising, but I’m so lost that idek what to revise. I take History, Sociology and Drama, and since the 21st March I’ve been waking up at 7am and working till 9pm with a few breaks...yeah. My point is, I hate not knowing when mocks are, as I’m sure students and teachers alike do, and I don’t even know what pace to go at. If we were still at school I know we wouldn’t get set this much work and that we’d have more time to revise, plus it’s difficult sharing a room because my sister’s music is so distracting. Today, I plan to..plan.. a History essay and hopefully write it, then from tomorrow I’m going to revise Sociology because it’s fairly easy, but I can’t remember any of the theorists’ names no matter what resource I make. Thanks if you read this far and sorry if it made no sense, I guess I’m wondering when you think mocks will be and if anyone else feels this stressed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending