The Student Room Group

Have your say: GCSE and A-level results days 2020 announced

Here's where you can post a comment about our GCSE and A-level results days 2020 announced article.

Read the full GCSE and A-level results days 2020 announced article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.
I really don't see why it needs to be that late. Students won't know whether to revise for the Autumn exams or not. Most teachers will already have a pretty good idea where students are. Is all this time really needed?

The only reason why I can see them needing all this time is for exam board moderation but that worries me. How much control are our teachers really having when deciding our grades?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Treetop321
I really don't see why it needs to be that late. Students won't know whether to revise for the Autumn exams or not. Most teachers will already have a pretty good idea where students are. Is all this time really needed?

The only reason why I can see them needing all this time is for exam board moderation but that worries me. How much control are our teachers really having when deciding our grades?

I’m thinking the same thing. Do I just revise until mid-august because I don’t known whether I have to resit or not?
Original post by Dancer2001
I’m thinking the same thing. Do I just revise until mid-august because I don’t known whether I have to resit or not?

Who knows. I really don't understand how they can expect students to be unsure about having exams in the Autumn for this long.
They've said it's going to be in July all along and now they've changed it for no reason, it only causes confusion and I don't see why they need that long when there's no papers to mark. They keep trying too hard to treat it like it's a normal year but it's really not. None of us know if we need to resit or not, therefore we can't revise and I actually don't know when the resits are everything's so unclear :frown: a mess tbh
Reply 5
Original post by Treetop321

Exactly. It definitely causes a little suspicion.
Reply 6
It's gutting. Everyone was looking forward to receiving results earlier which not only calm nerves but also allow people to know if they need to resit or not. If teachers have a general idea already, they shouldn't necessarily need more time.
Reply 7
Original post by tam13
Here's where you can post a comment about our GCSE and A-level results days 2020 announced article.

Read the full GCSE and A-level results days 2020 announced article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.

I feel really bad for the students taking their exams this year - all that hard work and effort has been pretty much thrown into the hands of their teachers, and students have been given barely any time to find out what they want or need to revise for Autumn exams, which I'm sure a lot of them will end up doing. I just really hope future employers will remember the exceptional circumstances that GCSE and A level students have faced this year. Good luck to all Y11s and Y13s - we all feel for you.

Quick Reply

Latest