hannah20033
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Ok so I am in year 11 and making the decision about my A-Levels, My college offers Psychology on the AQA Spec and Sociology on the OCR Spec, I am unsure which one to take, I did Sociology at GCSE under the WJEC Eduqas Spec and got a 5 in my mocks, I am unsure if to do it at GCSE Level as the OCR Spec has a lot of longer questions (40 markers) and I’m not sure if so would be able to do it, if I worked hard enough would it be possible to get a good grade at A-Level? and also is OCR harder than AQA and should I do AQA Psychology or is there too much content in Psychology as it’s a lot harder than Sociology apparently but the highest mark question in the exams is only 16 or 20 so does that make it easier.
TheOnlyIzzy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I would advise you take Psychology as its the more respected of the two. AQA is easier than OCR, and in the case of a remark OCR rarely ever change the mark in comparison to AQA. The biggest questions in Psychology AQA are 16 marks, and theres only ever a maximum of 2 of these per paper. There is a lot of content in Psychology however its easy stuff to understand, nothing complicated. I got an A* at a-level Psychology and it was the one I revised the least for (biology and English lit were my other two, I got an A and B respectively).

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6297628

I posted loads of my tips for getting an A* in psychology a-level in this thread.
lillycat
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I’d would personally choose psychology as if you like black and white answers the questions that you get are mainly a test of how well you can remember it from the textbook, you mentioned the 16 mark questions and how they may be better than the 40 mark essays in sociology, I believe that again the psychology long answered questions would be easier as if you remember a specific structure you can easily get full marks as long as you remember the content. I dropped sociology and many of my friends who do it now moan about it due to the sheer amount of theories. Yes there are theories in psychology (also a lot) but I would say more memorable and interesting. Hope this helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (86)
31.27%
Less motivated (189)
68.73%

Watched Threads