The Student Room Group

Ingrown hair Tweezers

Is anyone suffering from Ingrown hairs?
Yesss and i hate it
Original post by YugiKnows
Yesss and i hate it

Hey don’t worry. I have treated clients with Ingrown hairs for over 18 years. Hope this advice that follows helps...
What stage are your Ingrown hairs at.......
1) Has it became infected is it a painful lump? If so Apply antiseptic cream to the area and don’t pick or try to remove as the hair has gone deep.
2) Can you see the Ingrown hair just under the skin?
3) Does the ingrown hair feel rough when you run your finger over it? You maybe able to clear the dead skin cells with an exfoliator and this will naturally lift them out.

Basically an Ingrown hair can happen if you shave, wax, use hair removal or don’t even do any hair removal.

The tip of the hair can catch onto dead skin cells and tight clothing lies the hair against the skin so as the hair grows it grows back into the skin.
Or
The hair cant grow through the skin due to dead skin cells.

TO PREVENT
Exfoliate the area regularly. Moisturise the area daily and at night. A lot of my clients apply Talcum powder also as a preventative as this acts like a silky film and prevents the tip sticking to skin cells. Wear lose clothing in the area you suffer.
TO CLEAR
Remove ingrown hair with tweezers.
TO HEAL
Apply Antiseptic cream twice a day. Apply salt to your bath and soak for at least 20 minutes (natural healer) or seek medical advise to clear with antibiotics as a last resort.

I’m here if you need more advice. Your not alone it’s such a common problem. THANKYOU for sharing it helps others who may come across this.
Best wishes
Sarah Louisa
Original post by Sarah Louisa
Hey don’t worry. I have treated clients with Ingrown hairs for over 18 years. Hope this advice that follows helps...
What stage are your Ingrown hairs at.......
1) Has it became infected is it a painful lump? If so Apply antiseptic cream to the area and don’t pick or try to remove as the hair has gone deep.
2) Can you see the Ingrown hair just under the skin?
3) Does the ingrown hair feel rough when you run your finger over it? You maybe able to clear the dead skin cells with an exfoliator and this will naturally lift them out.

Basically an Ingrown hair can happen if you shave, wax, use hair removal or don’t even do any hair removal.

The tip of the hair can catch onto dead skin cells and tight clothing lies the hair against the skin so as the hair grows it grows back into the skin.
Or

TO PREVENT
Exfoliate the area regularly. Moisturise the area daily and at night. A lot of my clients apply Talcum powder also as a preventative as this acts like a silky film and prevents the tip sticking to skin cells. Wear lose clothing in the area you suffer.
TO CLEAR
Remove ingrown hair with tweezers.
TO HEAL
Apply Antiseptic cream twice a day. Apply salt to your bath and soak for at least 20 minutes (natural healer) or seek medical advise to clear with antibiotics as a last resort.

I’m here if you need more advice. Your not alone it’s such a common problem. THANKYOU for sharing it helps others who may come across this.
Best wishes
Sarah Louisa

AHHhhhhh thank you so much!

Or

I have both of those. plus i look like a cactus.

So do i basically constantly exfoliate? For some reason i keep getting a lot blackheads aswell its disgusting.

Quick Reply

Latest