The cold war an ideological war?

Watch this thread
LegalTom
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I need your thoughts on this please.

Was the proxy war waged to protect the elite interests of the west or a genuine war against the perceived threats against America’s “national security” by the perceived growth of the soviet expansion.

I personally think it was an ideological war.
Vladimir Mitin
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
I reckon it was a sort of true, full-scale ideological rivalry, which is even more comprehensive than the the term "war". Frist of all it was fueled by the existence of blocs of countries, with the USA at the head of one, and the USSR of the other. Actually the antagonism of those blocs permeated every aspect of life. It was ideological, economic, political and even cultural.
Also, there was the so-called information war: each party to the conflict struggled to smear the reputation of the other one by means of propaganda and highly aggressive media. It was an essential element. That's why the Cold war was so lasting and implacable.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (112)
68.29%
No (34)
20.73%
I didn't use it to prepare (18)
10.98%

Watched Threads