username5249824
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
If I was to do 4 A-levels, I would do Chemistry, Economics, Maths, and History. But since I think it might be too time-consuming, I am thinking of dropping history to do the EPQ on history and electives, which would allow me to focus on my 3 subjects and try to get 3 A*s.

Would this be a good decision?
Last edited by username5249824; 1 year ago
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by GuyCalledMatt)
If I was to do 4 A-levels, I would do Chem, Econ, Maths and History. But since I think it might be too time consuming, and I would like to focus on 3 subjects to try get 3 A*s, I am thinking of dropping history to do the EPQ on history and electives.

Would this be a good decision?
Both options are fine. Although, which universities are you looking to apply to? It's absolutely fine if you don't have any idea yet, but please do remember that some universities give reduced offers for having an A/A* in the EPQ.
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Personally, I would do 3 A-Levels and an EPQ as universities only require 3 A-levels. Doing 4 is not necessary.
chibichibi_xx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did 4 A-Levels and an EPQ and I WOULDN'T recommend it. I ended up just doing an AS and dropping the fourth one as I just couldn't cope. Do 3 A-Levels and an EPQ.
username5249824
Rep:
?
(Original post by chibichibi_xx)
I did 4 A-Levels and an EPQ and I WOULDN'T recommend it. I ended up just doing an AS and dropping the fourth one as I just couldn't cope. Do 3 A-Levels and an EPQ.
Thanks for the advice.
username5249824
Rep:
?
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
Personally, I would do 3 A-Levels and an EPQ as universities only require 3 A-levels. Doing 4 is not necessary.
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (169)
44.13%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (42)
10.97%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.09%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.67%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed