Want more information about this university?

Student accommodation deposit refundable?

Watch
E_bx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi I was wondering if anyone knew if northumbria uni’s accommodation deposit is refundable? I’m wanting to book a room but I don’t know if I’ll be getting onto my course due to current circumstances.
Thanks in advance
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by E_bx)
Hi I was wondering if anyone knew if northumbria uni’s accommodation deposit is refundable? I’m wanting to book a room but I don’t know if I’ll be getting onto my course due to current circumstances.
Thanks in advance
Unis will refund deposits if you dont actually go there thropugh no fault of your own i.e dont get the grades.

Will I get my deposit back if I don't get the grades to come to Northumbria?

We like to hope that everybody will get their grades, but if you don’t, we will refund this minus a £50 administration fee.

We try to process all refunds as soon as possible but please be advised that during busy periods this can take up to four weeks.

Please note that if you do get the grades to come to Northumbria but decide not to, you will unfortunately forfeit the full deposit.

This may vary in our partner accommodation, please see individual contracts for details.

If you have booked Northumbria University accommodation and have paid your advance rent, but are unable to attend the University due to COVID-19 travel disruptions or restrictions, we will refund the payment.
E_bx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Unis will refund deposits if you dont actually go there thropugh no fault of your own i.e dont get the grades.

Will I get my deposit back if I don't get the grades to come to Northumbria?

We like to hope that everybody will get their grades, but if you don’t, we will refund this minus a £50 administration fee.

We try to process all refunds as soon as possible but please be advised that during busy periods this can take up to four weeks.

Please note that if you do get the grades to come to Northumbria but decide not to, you will unfortunately forfeit the full deposit.

This may vary in our partner accommodation, please see individual contracts for details.

If you have booked Northumbria University accommodation and have paid your advance rent, but are unable to attend the University due to COVID-19 travel disruptions or restrictions, we will refund the payment.
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (484)
33.66%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (594)
41.31%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (295)
20.51%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (65)
4.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed