Housing accommodations - City University of London

Watch
Yaraa89
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys , I'm looking for student housing near City university , the places that I've found are pretty expensive although I want to ask if its worth it to get a cheaper place ( kinda far from school ) and pay for commuting or going with expensive option to rent and instead walk to school , what are your thoughts on this ?
Thanks in advance
marika_mce
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would say it's worth paying for somewhere cheaper further out. Getting accommodation near the city would cost you probably £200+p/w if your applying for student halls. Also, many places would probably only offer a 51week contract, meaning that you would lose a fair bit of money if you decide to travel back home for holidays. Places further out such as Cass and Claredale, are very affordable options in East London (Bethnal Green, Hackney), with prices from 140-160p/w and have a shorter contract (39 weeks).

The overall price of the most expensive accommodation there at 160 pounds per week for 1 academic year would be £6240. I believe that these halls are probably one of the most convenient places for a student to stay and the cheapest price you'll find in London.

From Claredale house, if you owned a bicycle it would only take you 14minutes, or if you woke up slightly earlier you could give yourself 43 minutes to walk to the university, without spending a penny. It would definitely be worth it and sometimes you have to make small sacrifices to make your university experience more affordable (Especially in London!!)

I hope this helps!! xx
Last edited by marika_mce; 1 year ago
Yaraa89
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by marika_mce)
I would say it's worth paying for somewhere cheaper further out. Getting accommodation near the city would cost you probably £200+p/w if your applying for student halls. Also, many places would probably only offer a 51week contract, meaning that you would lose a fair bit of money if you decide to travel back home for holidays. Places further out such as Cass and Claredale, are very affordable options in East London (Bethnal Green, Hackney), with prices from 140-160p/w and have a shorter contract (39 weeks).

The overall price of the most expensive accommodation there at 160 pounds per week for 1 academic year would be £6240. I believe that these halls are probably one of the most convenient places for a student to stay and the cheapest price you'll find in London.

From Claredale house, if you owned a bicycle it would only take you 14minutes, or if you woke up slightly earlier you could give yourself 43 minutes to walk to the university, without spending a penny. It would definitely be worth it and sometimes you have to make small sacrifices to make your university experience more affordable (Especially in London!!)

I hope this helps!! xx
Thanks a lot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (84)
26.25%
England (108)
33.75%
Belgium (27)
8.44%
Germany (38)
11.88%
Spain (6)
1.88%