The Student Room Group

How will year 12 predicted grades be calculated?

I was just really worrying about this entire coronavirus situation and was just wondering, if there where a chance we didn't return back to school, how would our predicted grades be calculated. Because I didn't do very well in my January mocks however recently started taking big strides in terms of revision and I have a feeling my previous grades would be used to create my predicted grades. I really want to get into medicine and I feel my chances will be hindered because of this
Original post by Sino619
I was just really worrying about this entire coronavirus situation and was just wondering, if there where a chance we didn't return back to school, how would our predicted grades be calculated. Because I didn't do very well in my January mocks however recently started taking big strides in terms of revision and I have a feeling my previous grades would be used to create my predicted grades. I really want to get into medicine and I feel my chances will be hindered because of this

Make your teachers aware.
Do more coursewkr and mock exams so they have more to go on a and can see you have the potential for AAA.
Use the summer to improve.
Considering the deadline you have to get onto this now.
They will likely give you exams in September/October to do. If you're looking for any help let me know - I'm a medical student and I'm currently tutoring online - I'd be happy to help out with academics or your application :smile:
Original post by annieapple2000
They will likely give you exams in September/October to do.

And how are teachers gonna mark them by the October 15th deadline?
Original post by 1st superstar
And how are teachers gonna mark them by the October 15th deadline?

I don't think anybody is 100% sure how it's going to work yet - there may well be extensions on the early applicant deadline - I've even heard talk of universities starting in January so you know your grades when you apply - although don't quote me on that. I think once the situation with Y11 and Y13 students is resolved (including how universities will respond) we should have a better idea of what's going on with how next year's applications will work :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending