The Student Room Group

online classes in research methods in the UK

Hello Everyone,
I am hoping to do a distant learning Ph.D. in UEdin. Part of my studies would need me to take some studies in stats/research methods for educational studies or second language acquisition. However, I am not sure that UEdin has an online class option for this (I couldn't find one). Therefore, I was hoping that someone out there could recommend an online university course that would cover some stat/research methods with an education/linguistics focus.

Sincerely,
Diego
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by dzelaya
Hello Everyone,
I am hoping to do a distant learning Ph.D. in UEdin. Part of my studies would need me to take some studies in stats/research methods for educational studies or second language acquisition. However, I am not sure that UEdin has an online class option for this (I couldn't find one). Therefore, I was hoping that someone out there could recommend an online university course that would cover some stat/research methods with an education/linguistics focus.

Sincerely,
Diego

FutureLearn offers generalised research methods courses, which are usually affiliated with a university. Do you have any universities near you? You could ask if you can take part in any PhD training/workshops.
Reply 2
Original post by PhoenixFortune
FutureLearn offers generalised research methods courses, which are usually affiliated with a university. Do you have any universities near you? You could ask if you can take part in any PhD training/workshops.

Thank you for your help! Unfortunately, I couldn't find a research methods course through this website. If you saw some, could you send me the link to a few? Thank you!
Original post by dzelaya
Thank you for your help! Unfortunately, I couldn't find a research methods course through this website. If you saw some, could you send me the link to a few? Thank you!

I'm not sure what type of research you're planning to conduct, so I've linked a range of courses I found on FutureLearn:
Intro to Research Ethics
Research Methods (this one might be more business-related, but still might have relevant sections)
Why Ethics Matter: Ethical Research
Why Experience Matters: Qualitative Research
Reply 4
Thank you for your time. I was looking for a research course in Psychology for memory research.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending