Why do people think there’s more than 2 genders?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
TSR George
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Why do people think there’s more than 2 genders?
Last edited by RK; 1 year ago
nyllie2004
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
idk
username4910484
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Because its woke.
sophbrand31
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There are two biological ‘sexes’ that you can be assigned at birth (male and female) but you can change your ‘gender’ to whatever the hell you decide
Young_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I identify as a two-spirit penguin
(Piers Morgan reference, what a lad)
confusedfuture
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Gender and sex are two completely different things; there are actually 3 proven sexes which are male, female and intersex (being born with both forms of genitalia), whilst gender itself is an entirely social construct. So there can definitely be more than 2 genders.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Gender is a spectrum. Some of us simply don't identify as 'male' or 'female'. You might find that hard to imagine if you do identify as one of these. For those of us who don't it is a daily cause of stress.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh this should be good :rolleyes:
NonIndigenous
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This topic was hijacked at some point by political activists for their ... whatever reasons. Who knows. Then it went awol.

If people are unhappy segregating themselves into 2 'genders' because they feel their personality traits do not align with traditional stereotypes, then really it makes more sense to talk in terms of personality traits and other 'personality quirks', instead of re-writing dictionaries.

Personality traits and conditions lie on spectrums. What body parts you've got... doesn't like on a spectrum.
Last edited by NonIndigenous; 1 year ago
Young_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
WHO assigned people who believed themselves to be any gender other than the biologically applied, as having a mental illness known as 'gender dysphoria'. They removed this from their list in mid-2019 with no reason given, including any scientific evidence proving it isn't a mental illness. WHO was lobbied for years by liberal lobbyists and the WHO gave in last year. In reality, this is still a mental illness and there has been absolutely NO reason given as to why it should not, ever by ANYBODY. All the institutions that have 'conceded' that this is not a mental illness have failed to give any sound reasoning and have simply given in to liberal lobbyists.
Em.-.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I go with that there are 2 genders, but people can lie somewhere on the spectrum (and I really don’t want to deal with infinite possibilities counting as different genders like 45.678246367% male and the rest female, like no), some change what gender they identify as or just be no gender, (and not being a gender, by definition is not a gender). Honestly if it makes them happy, then go ahead, but I’m not learning the 100 genders. I go with there being 2 fixed ones, and you can be one or the other, alternating, in between or none. That’s it. I cba with learning all the special terms.

There are 2 sexes, male and female. Some people are naturally a combination of both.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Young_)
WHO assigned people who believed themselves to be any gender other than the biologically applied, as having a mental illness known as 'gender dysphoria'. They removed this from their list in mid-2019 with no reason given, including any scientific evidence proving it isn't a mental illness. WHO was lobbied for years by liberal lobbyists and the WHO gave in last year. In reality, this is still a mental illness and there has been absolutely NO reason given as to why it should not, ever by ANYBODY. All the institutions that have 'conceded' that this is not a mental illness have failed to give any sound reasoning and have simply given in to liberal lobbyists.
I always found this a bit odd as surely, ipso facto, believing you're something you're not would be a mental illness? As shown by them originally calling it one.
Mustafa0605
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There are two genders. But in a progressive ideology, emphasis is placed on what the person desires rather than the physical reality. The person could have severe mental illness and twisted thoughts, but they are given the same rights and freedoms of choice as a sane, healthy-minded person. In a progressive liberal society, the insane are only stopped when they harm others, but they are left free to harm themselves.
Last edited by Mustafa0605; 1 year ago
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
the **** do you care. let people identify however they want
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mustafa0605)
There are two genders. But in a progressive ideology, emphasis is placed on what the person desires rather than the physical reality. The person could have severe mental illness and twisted thoughts, but they are given the same rights and freedoms of choice as a sane, healthy-minded person
gender and sex aren't even the same thing, babe
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
some of us are blessed to be scumdogians

pathetic humans
Alexty28
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is one of those big NO NO questions you shouldn't be asking
Mustafa0605
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
gender and sex aren't even the same thing, babe
Cambridge dictionary says otherwise.
Name:  0482DB0A-543B-4952-92DA-B31F9BFCF93C.jpg.jpeg
Views: 16
Size:  27.9 KB
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mustafa0605)
Cambridge dictionary says otherwise.
Name:  0482DB0A-543B-4952-92DA-B31F9BFCF93C.jpg.jpeg
Views: 16
Size:  27.9 KB
it says OR social, hun. you shot yourself in the foot with that definition.
Ðeggs
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Gender is what someone self identifies as. For some people, much like sexuality from homosexuality to heterosexuality if that is to be considered as a spectrum, then they don’t identify completely as “male” or “female”, which are labels society has given. Some people consider themselves as having both male and female attributes or characteristics, meaning they are somewhere on the gender spectrum.

A “non-binary” person might feel they have boy and girl characteristics psychologically, even though they still have a vagina or penis. But this is where it enters murky territory with transgender ideologies and lots of the sort. Sex is biological, which is assigned male or female at birth. However, some birth disfigurements might create “intersex” characteristics, which make impact the person physically or psychologically later in life.
Last edited by Ðeggs; 1 year ago
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
16.38%
I need help researching courses (8)
6.9%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
6.03%
I need help with my personal statement (44)
37.93%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (29)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.72%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (7)
6.03%

Watched Threads