The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Choosing Modules on Open University

Hiya,

I am trying to choose my modules for BA (Honours) Business Management but I am confused on how to go about it! There is 3 stages..... does each stage represent each year of studies or do i have to complete the courses I chose in stage 1 to be able to start stage 2 then 3?

Also when I try and and just choose stage 1 that goes through but it does not include all modules I chose only the introduction to the course which in only 60 credits.

I'm really confused on how to go about it! If anyone could explain i would really appreciate it!

Thank you x
Reply 1
Hey!

Theoretically it's like level 1, level 2 and level 3 so it depends on how many years you want to do your degree over.

At level 1 it would be easier to do a higher number of credits than it would at level 3, but you could do just one module at a time if you wish.

Hope that makes sense, you should be able to get a rough idea of the average study hours required when choosing modules, I think it's on the page you select on if I remember right.

Welcome to the OU :smile:
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Hey, Thank you for the advice! I have one more question 😄 if I start from level 1 is it possible to finish the course in 3 years? I mean I need 360 credits in total so as long as I get that I will get it right
Reply 3
Yup, according to the OU website if you do it full time (32-36 hours a week) you'll finish in 3 years. 360 credits total yeah.
Reply 4
Original post by bex285
Yup, according to the OU website if you do it full time (32-36 hours a week) you'll finish in 3 years. 360 credits total yeah.

Wicked, thank you so much for the help!
Reply 5
No worries, good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest