The Student Room Group

Social media followings

This is not really something which bothers me, but I notice some people especially at uni are quite selective on who they follow. My housemate for instance doesn’t even have me on Facebook. Other people I know who interact and hang round with me also only follow on various platforms. I know it isn’t that deep but does feel like a popularity contest for some people.
Yess I totally get what ur saying some people move too good for others and don’t let them follow them on social media even though there together all the time and I know loads of people who follow every jack Jill and John they come across on Instagram to gain more followers but your housemate not following you is weird in my opinion if your close maybe indirectly approach the topic and see how they act - it’s not the be end and end all tbh But it is very addictive and a huge popularity contest if u want it to be 😂
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Yess I totally get what ur saying some people move too good for others and don’t let them follow them on social media even though there together all the time and I know loads of people who follow every jack Jill and John they come across on Instagram to gain more followers but your housemate not following you is weird in my opinion if your close maybe indirectly approach the topic and see how they act - it’s not the be end and end all tbh But it is very addictive and a huge popularity contest if u want it to be 😂

Yeah, I used to have a habit of adding people on Facebook even after only meeting briefly, since stopped that lol. I find it weird also, as I’ve known him quite a while and live with him but he won’t add/follow me on anything. I think the fact he has everyone else in my circle added on Facebook makes me feel what I’ve done wrong lol.
I thought most people by the time they get to uni get over this sort of thing. But I guess not. Most people I met are not like this thankfully. In fact I have completely abandoned my old Instagram and switched to my new one which is exclusively for people I know well and are my friends, rather than worrying about how many random people follow me and like pictures.

However with your housemate that is a bit weird... just ask them.
Reply 4
Original post by Alexty28
I thought most people by the time they get to uni get over this sort of thing. But I guess not. Most people I met are not like this thankfully. In fact I have completely abandoned my old Instagram and switched to my new one which is exclusively for people I know well and are my friends, rather than worrying about how many random people follow me and like pictures.

However with your housemate that is a bit weird... just ask them.

It doesn’t bother me, even though it may seem like that making a thread on it but just curiosity more than anything. Well he said he’d add me when graduation is over. It’s up to him really.
It doesn’t bother me, even though it may seem like that making a thread on it but just curiosity more than anything. Well he said he’d add me when graduation is over. It’s up to him really.

Please just don’t beg it to him/her - don’t force it if they don’t wanna add then leave it however harsh it may be !
Are u a boy or girl btw?? Just curious 😂😂
Reply 7
Are u a boy or girl btw?? Just curious 😂😂

Boy aha, my mind tends to just overthink a lot.
Yh DONT overthink even though it’s difficult - are u and ur housemate friends or is it more of a random person type of living arrangement ?? Like a last minute decision thing
Reply 9
Yh DONT overthink even though it’s difficult - are u and ur housemate friends or is it more of a random person type of living arrangement ?? Like a last minute decision thing

I think we are friends, but I did move into the house as a result of someone else dropping out. He interacts with me though and often suggests do things etc
Mhmmm a weird one tbh your call but just don’t approach it too directly otherwise it may make it awkward

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending