?
Report 6 days ago
2014 Ford Fiesta 1L ecoboost
bluewolf21
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
When I do learn to drive my first car is probably going to be a Ka, I'd rather stick to something small and cheap tbh.
lilGem
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
2009 Peugot 308S. Still runs beautifully and insurance for my second year has dropped to 350 so I'm pretty content. That said, I'm looking forward to upgrading to a bit more up to date car
carlyhorne
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
2009 Corsa, 1.2 Engine and has cost me so much in repairs!! 🤢
Nadim Chowdhury
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by rxyaltyx)
really? my dad has had german cars all his life and they're good
They are more expensive to buy and feel over engineered to me. Was much more difficult to work on my brothers first car ( 2011 golf) whereas his second car (2005 yaris) is much easier to work on.

But the trade off for the higher price is you'll get a higher price when you come to sell it, and enjoy the luxury when you own it. So it's all about preference to be honest. The golf felt like a tank compared to the yaris
cherryred90s
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by 56789fghj)
how much was it?
Cash price was £5500.
I got it on finance
Lshort17
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Nadim Chowdhury)
Have you had any issues apart from the flat tire? I want mine to last 3 years so I can build NCB and get a better car when insurance cheapens at 21 years old. And ideally no mechanical issues in them 3 years. I heard the clutch is weak
No not at all. The flat tyre was needing a change anyway so its wasnt an issue really. It should last 3 years. Ive not had any issues so far and I’ve had it since Jan 2019 and its a 2011 plate so it does last a while. The clutch isn’t too bad, i think whatever car you get the clutch will eventually have issues anyway. We replaced our clutch when we bought it so its okay.
Last edited by Lshort17; 5 days ago
Nadim Chowdhury
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Lshort17)
No not at all. The flat tyre was needing a change anyway so its wasnt an issue really. It should last 3 years. Ive not had any issues so far and I’ve had it since Jan 2019 and its a 2011 plate so it does last a while. The clutch isn’t too bad, i think whatever car you get the clutch will eventually have issues anyway. We replaced our clutch when we bought it so its okay.
Thanks you that gives me reassurance. I'll definitely give the clutch a test when I test drive my first car. I want to spend minimal cash on it and think an aygo is a good idea!
Lshort17
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Nadim Chowdhury)
Thanks you that gives me reassurance. I'll definitely give the clutch a test when I test drive my first car. I want to spend minimal cash on it and think an aygo is a good idea!
No problem! Good luck with it! If a car has done a lot of mileage around 60k you might wanna look into the history of the clutch to see if it has had a new one or if its up for a renewal. Just something to bear in mind!

Yes an aygo would be great! Look at the Citroen C1s and the peugeot 107s as they have the exact same specs and body just a different badge and slightly different front. These are generally the cheaper rather than an Aygo as for some reason aygos are more popular meaning they are slightly more expensive than its counterparts

Hope this helps and good luck
LTEcactus
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
No problem! Good luck with it! If a car has done a lot of mileage around 60k you might wanna look into the history of the clutch to see if it has had a new one or if its up for a renewal. Just something to bear in mind!

Yes an aygo would be great! Look at the Citroen C1s and the peugeot 107s as they have the exact same specs and body just a different badge and slightly different front. These are generally the cheaper rather than an Aygo as for some reason aygos are more popular meaning they are slightly more expensive than its counterparts

If the clutch needs replacing after 60k, it's probably been abused ngl
Nadim Chowdhury
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago

Yep I'm on the hunt. Got my eyes peeled
Lshort17
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by LTEcactus)
If the clutch needs replacing after 60k, it's probably been abused ngl
True haha! Was just giving a random figure haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (34)
17.99%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (53)
28.04%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (102)
53.97%

Watched Threads