Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi, I’m looking at studying at the new KMMS in September and I was wondering what life is like for students in Canterbury. Is it a fun place to study? Are there any good shopping centres in the area? Are there good bars etc? My other option is Pharmacy at Bath which I feel is a really fun place to study, and I want to study medicine but I’m kind of put off by Kent because it seems a bit boring in comparison and it’s quite far away from home! I’m looking for honest opinions, even if it’s not what I want to hear
BennyD
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hey there, I'm in the Medway Campus. Medway is affectionately known as Deadway by the students here. There is the Dockyard for your light shopping experience and Bluewater Shopping Centre for a (much) bigger experience. For things like medical courses, I think you want to look at the placement options that each university provides, that's where you'll be spending a lot of time. Kent shares it's Medway campus, home to the healthcare courses, with CCCU and Greenwich Universities, and you have access to pretty much everything each University has, including societies and social events.

And as ex-pharmacy, I can say this unreservedly - don't study Pharmacy unless you like being low-paid, overworked, and phased out in the next couple of years through automation and online services. There's a reason a number of pharmacy schools have closed. There are much better options out there, in my opinion.

That is my two-cent on the matter anyway. Others may feel differently!
missdechino
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Thanks for the reply, that’s great to know!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (486)
33.45%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (601)
41.36%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (299)
20.58%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (67)
4.61%

Watched Threads