unitravelguy123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hello what will happen to Euro 2020 (Moved to 2021) The world cup in 2022, The Jubilee in 2022 (Hopefully) The Olympics next year and in 2024 and the coronation of Charles if social distancing is kept in place

These are huge events not just for the country but the world so surely they can't cancel them. Will we ever see scenes like loads of people outside Buckingham palace again for royal events
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
:facepalm:
Kitten in boots
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
For most of human history, we managed just fine without mass televised sports contests.

We will survive the Euros etc. being delayed or cancelled.
unitravelguy123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kitten in boots)
For most of human history, we managed just fine without mass televised sports contests.

We will survive the Euros etc. being delayed or cancelled.
Um no we haven't managed just fine without mass events. Im talking about all these events, these events help people get in the country, help contribute to the economy of the country. You take away that and your looking at going back to the 15th century
unitravelguy123
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
:facepalm:
Im asking a question nothing wrong with that
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by unitravelguy123)
Im asking a question nothing wrong with that
How many accounts have you had banned now?
unitravelguy123
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
How many accounts have you had banned now?
PQ, i am asking about what will happen to events, i am being civil and just want the question asked what other people think will happen to events like these i am talking about. I am a university student and this is a student room, i am a student, if there is any other sites like this i will happily use them but i can't find any over the internet
unitravelguy123
Rep:
?
Plus this site gave me alot of help when it came to me applying for university, before all of this started i was mentally ok, I am just worried about what is going to happen, i am interested in events so wondered what everything will be like

I am also hoping this site will help me in any future masters i want to do or even advice about dissertations. This site was a great help with my referencing as well
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
In 2024 the coronation of Charles
Are you planning on killing The Queen yourself, or do you have a crew set up to do the job?
unitravelguy123
Rep:
?
Haha no i meant the Olympics in 2024 but obviously the coronation of Charles will happen some point this decade so its a question that needs thinking about
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hello what will happen to Euro 2020 (Moved to 2021) The world cup in 2022, The Jubilee in 2022 (Hopefully) The Olympics next year and in 2024 and the coronation of Charles if social distancing is kept in place

These are huge events not just for the country but the world so surely they can't cancel them. Will we ever see scenes like loads of people outside Buckingham palace again for royal events
You sound like as if Corona is forever. It is not, just a moment of time. Olympics and the football competitions WC and EURO come back, they will survive the crisis as well as the people. All what the people need is patience and to wait and see. It is not the downfall if events are postponed or in worst case cancelled in a year. They and the life goes on.
Justbeingmyself
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
A vaccine should be developed by next year, so things should start getting better then, but we should just write this year off to be honest.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Justbeingmyself)
A vaccine should be developed by next year, so things should start getting better then, but we should just write this year off to be honest.
In terms of events connecting or not connecting to sports, I think the same. Too risky to have true hopes.
Last edited by Kallisto; 4 months ago
Pro11pse
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I believe that the vaccine won't be developed earlier than in 2 years, so as it was said above that soon everything will get better, I strongly doubt..In fact, I've stopped thinking about the coronavirus. I am tired of living in fear, especially since in our city everyone can already go to events. I'm a local DJ and this saturday I want to organize a small party and hire a disco sound & lighting package like this company offers.This company helped me organize parties before the quarantine. We had really unforgettable parties! I hope this time everything will be just as cool!
Last edited by Pro11pse; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (46)
23.96%
Less motivated (146)
76.04%

Watched Threads