The Student Room Group

Should I tell parents i (kind of) smoke?

I don't smoke regularly at all. Like, maybe 4 cigarettes a month? I only smoke when I'm stressed or anxious, and lately the pressure of uni is getting to me.
I want to freely smoke in my garden, but my parents are suuuuper strict. They don't mind me drinking but when it comes to smoking they're so against it. My brother started smoking, and then went onto weed and my parents have such a bad relationship with him now.

It's not the fact I'm scared they'll be angry, Im just scared that it's gonna ruin my relationship with my mum.
Sure I could quit, but I don't want to. Not right now anyway. And it's not like I'm smoking a pack a day. But a part of me wants to tell them and another part of me feels like it's not their business.

I don't smoke in the house only when I take my dog for a walk, so it's not like I'm disrespecting them either.
I'd say it depends on how easily you think you'll get caught. If you tell them yourself they'll probably go easier on you than if they find out themselves. My best friend got a juul and says I should get a vape so I might get into the same situation like you. Big F for me. Any ideas? Do you think smoking is a good idea?
You could go for a walk and smoke then without them knowing

It's not worth ruining your relationship with your parents because you want a couple of cigs
i think u should do what u feel is right, i mean even tho they r ur parents, they should not judge u or anything like that :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by imhere2support
i think u should do what u feel is right, i mean even tho they r ur parents, they should not judge u or anything like that :smile:

Not everyone has parents like that unfortunately :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending