Railcard options for over 30's?

Watch
MasterRalph
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Just wondering. Are there any discount or railcard options for me as im aged 34

From my understanding there is only a railcard or discounts for 21-25 and 26-30 ?

Can i get anything? Or would it have to be a seasonal discount card?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by MasterRalph)

From my understanding there is only a railcard or discounts for 21-25 and 26-30 ?

Are you a full time student, taking into account this is TSR.
TazmeenX
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
if you travel with children you can get a family and friends card or if theres someone you travel a lot with you can get a two together railcard. other than that idk
TazmeenX
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago

you could also get the network railcard if you live in london of the south east area i think
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago

There is the two together railcard and senior railcard.
Appirition
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago

(Original post by TazmeenX)
if you travel with children you can get a family and friends card or if theres someone you travel a lot with you can get a two together railcard. other than that idk
(Original post by TazmeenX)
you could also get the network railcard if you live in london of the south east area i think
TazmeenX is correct with these
If none of them apply, and if you do the same journey frequently, a seasonal discount card may well be your best option, but do work out the pricing compared to what you would pay if you bought your tickets individually for each journey or return journey that you make. Unless you travel 5 times a week for more than 48 weeks a year, the annual season ticket doesn't save you much or anything.
Another option is to look into split ticketing, where you have two tickets each covering part of your journey. This is mainly advantageous on longer journeys. If you want to look into this, go here and read the info. There are a number of websites that find tickets using split ticketing. This is another good one. Watch out for additional booking fees, card payment fees, etc, and avoid any site or app that charges them.
If none of the above helps, the only other option you have is buying your tickets as far in advance (up to 12 weeks) as possible.
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
You can get a student railcard at any ages as long as you are a full time student. And I also get discount on London monthly travel cards which is handy if in London zones.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (305)
55.76%
I don't have everything I need (242)
44.24%

Watched Threads