The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I get free alcohol quite a bit (gotta love student unions!) but I'd usually go out about 3 times a week during term time as long as I'm not really busy. Spend about 15 quid a night usually.
Reply 21
Well, in the early years of uni I went out sometimes six times a week. It got to ridiculous levels. But I would guess around £50 a week realistically on a 'normal' week in my wilder days including both off-licence and pub/bar costs.

This week I have so far spent about ten quid on it, soon to spend another £8 on a bottle of Pimm's... but I do also have quite a bit of duty-free vodka lying around.
Reply 22
£5-10 at the pub, but when i turn 18 this will go up a lot i think :s:
I don't drink.
Reply 24
Darn it, put the wrong one :p: Meant to put less than £5 but put £5-10 instead.
Reply 25
Elipsis
Well during my first year I spent about 10 grand? So like hundreds a week I guess.

lol quality
Elipsis
Well during my first year I spent about 10 grand? So like hundreds a week I guess.

Shouldn't you be dead now?
Reply 27
About £15 to £20.

What a bloomin' waste.:s-smilie:
Reply 28
ChicaBonita
Shouldn't you be dead now?

Depends,
£10,000 of tesco value vodka vs the same on good wine/champagne - you could easily spend it if you had the money.
spark911
Depends,
£10,000 of tesco value vodka vs the same on good wine/champagne - you could easily spend it if you had the money.

Hmmm, I see your point.
But if I had 10 grand I sooo would not spend it on alcohol :rolleyes:
Reply 30
About £20 a week now. Had a bit of a problem in first year though, so it was rather more.
Reply 31
Around £10-15 a week, usually just on one night. I don't usually have time to get a carry out beforehand though as I'm usually working or doing something, so it's more expensive spending drinks in clubs/bars. When I start uni though...I don't know. It'll either be less because I get carryouts, or more because I drink more often during the week. Hopefully that won't be the case though.
Reply 32
£20-£30 is what I voted for

A few bottles of Cider for the week does the trick for me:smile:
In first year I spent at least £30-£40 a week, but this was because I went out at least 4 nights a week. In second year I'm hoping to spend less as I probably won't be going out as much :rolleyes:
Reply 34
Go out 2/3 times a week and have a taste for ale so get through about 4-5 bottles of that a week in the flat. So it'd probably be over £40...
Very little now as I'm quite short on money - probably about €10 (shoulder of cheap vodka and a bottle of Coke Zero as a mixer) every 2-3 weeks.