caufou
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Dear Student Finance England,
I am an EU student who has been living, studying full-time and working part-time in the UK since 1 September 2018. I would like to take a gap year and apply for an undergraduate course for 2021/22 entry. I am aware that the government has not yet confirmed the fee status and loan eligiblity for 2021 EU applicants yet, but I am wondering if I'd qualify for home fees at that point in time regardless. My circumstances are as follows:
1. I am a citizen of an EU country and had been living in that country prior to 1 September 2018.
2. On 1 September 2018, I moved to the UK to receive full-time education, but I did not return to my home country for any significant amount of time since. I've always been employed, too.
3. Throughout the academic years 2018/19 and 2019/20, I have been in full-time education and I have also been working part-time. I am a resident in the UK and have not returned to my home country for summer etc.
4. I am looking to take a gap year in the next academic year (2020/21) and apply to an undergraduate course in Autumn 2020.
Should my application be successful, by the time I'd start the course (01 September 2021), I will have completed exactly three years of ordinary residency in the UK. I know that during those years, I was also in full-time education, but according to UKCISA's website, as an EU national this would not stop me from qualifying for home fees? (See below)

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Informatio...nals-in-the-uk

I am not sure if I got the policy right. I would really appreciate your advice on my situation!
Thank you in advance for your time and stay safe.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by caufou)
Dear Student Finance England,
I am an EU student who has been living, studying full-time and working part-time in the UK since 1 September 2018. I would like to take a gap year and apply for an undergraduate course for 2021/22 entry. I am aware that the government has not yet confirmed the fee status and loan eligiblity for 2021 EU applicants yet, but I am wondering if I'd qualify for home fees at that point in time regardless. My circumstances are as follows:
1. I am a citizen of an EU country and had been living in that country prior to 1 September 2018.
2. On 1 September 2018, I moved to the UK to receive full-time education, but I did not return to my home country for any significant amount of time since. I've always been employed, too.
3. Throughout the academic years 2018/19 and 2019/20, I have been in full-time education and I have also been working part-time. I am a resident in the UK and have not returned to my home country for summer etc.
4. I am looking to take a gap year in the next academic year (2020/21) and apply to an undergraduate course in Autumn 2020.
Should my application be successful, by the time I'd start the course (01 September 2021), I will have completed exactly three years of ordinary residency in the UK. I know that during those years, I was also in full-time education, but according to UKCISA's website, as an EU national this would not stop me from qualifying for home fees? (See below)

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Informatio...nals-in-the-uk

I am not sure if I got the policy right. I would really appreciate your advice on my situation!
Thank you in advance for your time and stay safe.
Hi there, we are not able to confirm eligibility for the 21/22 academic year. The Brexit transition period ends on the 31/12/2020 so we should have more information available on the 21/22 academic year sometime early next year. You can speak to the universities to see if they will be charging you home or international fees.
Thanks, Isaac.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I’m worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (14)
40%
I’m worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (4)
11.43%
I’m worried it will impact my future career (2)
5.71%
I’m worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (7)
20%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (4)
11.43%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (4)
11.43%

Watched Threads