The Student Room Group

Biomed: Kent or Brunel?

I am choosing what to firm and I can't decide.

Kent - Biomedical Science with a Sandwich Year
Brunel - Biomedical Sciences with Placement

Due to recent circumstances I havent been able to visit the universities.

What are the pros and cons that I should know? (Location, student life, etc)
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by User4322
definitely Kent university

Hmm why?
I don’t know anything about Brunel or the biomed course at either uni but I am at Kent. Location wise I think it’s great. Literally up the hill and 10mins max by bus to the town centre from campus. Regular buses to and from uni to town too. Full of shops, cafes and pubs. Not too far from the coast either - can even get there by bus (Whitstable). Most 2nd and 3rd year students live in town which is amazing. Honestly so much better than living up campus imo. Kent uni has gone through a bit of a refurbishment in the last one/two years with the new library upgrade (basically double the size), new study areas and a whole new local bar/shop in Parkwood halls.

Student Life I find is good although nightlife could be better. There are a few clubs and pubs which are pretty good but could do with a few more. There’s a massive range of societies, pretty sure a bunch of new ones have started this year but I’ll have to check.

If you have any questions about Kent in general, feel free to ask me!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Rozzz
I am choosing what to firm and I can't decide.

Kent - Biomedical Science with a Sandwich Year
Brunel - Biomedical Sciences with Placement

Due to recent circumstances I havent been able to visit the universities.

What are the pros and cons that I should know? (Location, student life, etc)

Hey!
I'm currently studying at Kent :biggrin: Although I don't study Biomedical Science I'm afraid so I can't really say anything about what the course is like.
But I have really enjoyed my time at Kent and I'll definitely be sad to leave! I know that it isn't an ideal alternative, but you could try some of the virtual tours of the campus online to help give you an idea of what the campus looks like and see if it is somewhere you could see yourself :smile: I'll leave the link here - Virtual Tours

The campus is about a 20 minute walk from the centre of Canterbury and only a short bus ride to the nearest beach, and you can get into London in under an hour on the train, so it really does feel like it has a bit of everything location wise :smile: Canterbury isn't a huge city, but it still has lots to offer especially for students. There are 3 other universities in Canterbury, so the city and nightlife has a really great student vibe to it :biggrin: There's also loads of bars, cafes, restaurants and shops too, all set in cobbled streets which are beautiful!
To be honest, my favourite part of being at Kent has been the campus itself. There's a gym, cinema, theatre, a nightclub, two shops, about 5 bars, and several places to eat :smile: There's also loads of sports clubs and societies on offer too, so the campus is always buzzing with people and there's always something going on. That said, the campus is surrounded by trees and fields too which makes it feel really peaceful :smile:

I hope that this helped give you an idea of what life at Kent is like! :biggrin: If you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask, I'm happy to help where I can!
Also, if you want to find out about what the course is like, you can use Kent's Unibuddy programme to chat to a current Biomedical Science student - here's the link - Unibuddy
Best of luck with your university decision :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending