The Student Room Group

Change in household income

Hi,

If there is a change in overall household income during the year I'm receiving my maintenance loan, should I change this on the student finance website immediately (and if so, how do I do it?)
Would changing it during the year affect how much I receive on my next loan payment in a few weeks?
:smile:
Original post by Livfrancesxx
Hi,

If there is a change in overall household income during the year I'm receiving my maintenance loan, should I change this on the student finance website immediately (and if so, how do I do it?)
Would changing it during the year affect how much I receive on my next loan payment in a few weeks?
:smile:

Hi Liv,
if your household income has dropped by more than 15% then your parents can complete a Current Year Income form to provide their estimated current tax year income. If they do this, it's important they update us if their income changes throughout the year because at the end of the tax year we will ask them to provide the actual income they earned with evidence and if their actual income doesn't match the estimated income they provided then it could cause you to be overpaid and be required to pay money back. Your parents can download this form here https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms/y/english-student-full-time/send-parent-or-partner-s-income-detail-for-example-pff2-or-cyi.
Thanks, Isaac.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending