A Level English Lit - Journey’s End

Watch this thread
a.gulietta
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I’m a year 12 student and despite coronavirus I still have to teach myself a lot of the content and revise all my subjects since my college is doing online mocks next week.

I’ve left it a bit late but does anybody know any videos or websites or revision guides for Journey’s End? So far I’ve only found a gcse revision guide since it’s apparently a gcse text for another exam board too and I own a ‘Great War literature’ one which isn’t that useful. Our lessons in class weren’t that great, we were just annotating extracts for 6 weeks so I don’t have any actual notes on characters or themes.

Personally I think this book was a really bad choice to study but there’s nothing I can do now as I want to study English lit at uni and I’m aiming for an A*, but any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!
Englishteacher24
Badges: 10
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
I'm familiar with Journey's End. I have found very little online but the revision guides are useful as a starting point. I think most of the play can be studied with a detailed understanding of context e.g. the cause of WW1; military hierarchy and relationships between different personnel e.g. soldiers and officers; PTSD; Sherriff's own background and how he approached writing the play; other WWI writers e.g. Wilfred Owen etc. Journey's End is a great play to study - it's short and it's relatively easy to access in terms of language which should work in your favour in terms of revision.

If you have any specific questions about plot, characters, or themes, I can help you. However, I am unfamiliar with what you need to know for A-Level, so it would be good if you could let me know what exactly you need to write in the exam.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (154)
41.96%
Not yet, but I will soon (67)
18.26%
No (146)
39.78%

Watched Threads