IH1230
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey guys,
Could anyone help me to pick a topic to do my irp on. I feel like everyone is doing it on imigration,franco,discrimination,drugs Etc all history related but that doesn’t really interest me. And i want to do something I’m interested in, I’d be really grateful if anyone could help thankyou.
Espançais
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is there anything you're particularly interested in outside of your Spanish studies? You might be able to think of something related in the Spanish speaking world. For example, I'm interested in classical music and also education, so I did my IRP on El Sistema in Venezuela and it was fascinating
IH1230
Rep:
?
(Original post by Espançais)
Is there anything you're particularly interested in outside of your Spanish studies? You might be able to think of something related in the Spanish speaking world. For example, I'm interested in classical music and also education, so I did my IRP on El Sistema in Venezuela and it was fascinating
Yes i'm interested in education, any ideas that involves a spanish speaking country and that i can have enough to speak about?
umm..Im also interested in models and fashion or maybe something to do with mental health?
Espançais
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't have any specific ideas, part of the point of the IRP is to develop a question you're interested in for yourself. But I would say try and find an angle to your question, so for example rather than "features of the Spanish education system" you might do something on the educational inequalities between different ethnic groups in Spain, or the ways in which education in a particular Latin American country has promoted or challenged a colonialist/ neo-colonialist discourse for example
Espançais
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Of course, you'll have to narrow it down a bit to primary/ secondary/ University education or whatever. Or something to do with the effect of hispanic fashion you tubers on youth mental health?
IH1230
Rep:
?
Thankyou so much i have a few ideas now, I'll have a look online and see how much research i can find and the more i find thats the one i'll probably do ;]
Espançais
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Glad to hear it, have fun exploring a few different areas 🙂 The IRP was one of my favourite things about the A level course, it can be a really worthwhile project if you get into it
LaGataSonriente
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I know someone who did theirs on the rise in vegan fashion, if if that helps. Although they might have done it on veganism in general and a point on vegan fashion.
IH1230
Rep:
?
Ooo vegan fashion sounds interesting, thankyou i'll add it to my list!
dhruvijoshi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by IH1230)
Ooo vegan fashion sounds interesting, thankyou i'll add it to my list!
Hey! What did you go for in the end?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (5)
5%
Uncertainty around my education (10)
10%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (11)
11%
Lack of purpose or motivation (15)
15%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (6)
6%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (5)
5%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (9)
9%
Financial worries (5)
5%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (2)
2%
Exposure to negative news/social media (10)
10%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (3)
3%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (11)
11%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (8)
8%

Watched Threads