The Student Room Group

HELP!! Got kicked out of home! Emergency!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rhodesian
I’m in my accommodation now which is good.
I’ve been relaxed and been doing pretty well.

Due to corona the accommodation department said they’d move me to an en-suite room for the same price which is amazing. So I haven’t unpacked as I’m waiting for that.

I’ve been trying to find jobs in the area which is difficult. I’ve applied to 4 retail jobs and hopefully at least one of them will get back to me. But o really need to get a job to get by.

I have to pay my deposit for next year housing soon. And that along with my payment for my current accommodation I’ll be running low soon.

For now I’m not doing much just trying to stay relaxed and trying to be optimistic. I am doing a lot better thanks to this thread and the people on it. I’m just trying to think in the long term now.

I asked the accommodation team if I can stay during summer and they said they’ll get back to me. But hopefully I can.

I’m pleased you are getting back on your feet.

Don’t forget to apply to your uni’s hardship fund for a bit of help on the money front.

Due to corona the accommodation department said they’d move me to an en-suite room for the same price which is amazing. So I haven’t unpacked as I’m waiting for that.

I’ve been trying to find jobs in the area which is difficult. I’ve applied to 4 retail jobs and hopefully at least one of them will get back to me. But o really need to get a job to get by.

I have to pay my deposit for next year housing soon. And that along with my payment for my current accommodation I’ll be running low soon.

For now I’m not doing much just trying to stay relaxed and trying to be optimistic. I am doing a lot better thanks to this thread and the people on it. I’m just trying to think in the long term now.

I asked the accommodation team if I can stay during summer and they said they’ll get back to me. But hopefully I can.

Great to hear from you. Supermarkets are looking for staff asap! They even have temporary contracts which I would definitely look into. Are you alone in your accommodation? I'd suspect a lot of people have moved back home?...

try fruit picking jobs..;

apparently there is a massive shortage of workers

or are you unwilling to lower yourself to pick fruit?
Original post by Anonymous
Great to hear from you. Supermarkets are looking for staff asap! They even have temporary contracts which I would definitely look into. Are you alone in your accommodation? I'd suspect a lot of people have moved back home?...

Yeah everyone in the building except for one person has moved out.
They’ll be moving me soon to another room.

But yeah I haven’t spoken to anyone in a while. And all my friends have moved back.
Original post by ANM775
try fruit picking jobs..;

apparently there is a massive shortage of workers

or are you unwilling to lower yourself to pick fruit?

I would t call it lowering myself. Fruit picking is an essential job that I have considered. And as I am in this situation I don’t really have much options.

However, my main issue with the job is that they’re pretty far from my accommodation. Some of them provide housing but I’m already in accommodation I’ve paid for so it’d be a waste. And the travelling cost would take up a lot of the money.

I’ll try looking for one closer to me and if I find one I’ll do it. I think fruit picking would be a pretty good job anyway. All I do now is stay in my room all day so it’s be good to go out and it’d be some exercise which I feel is much needed
Hello @Rhodesian. Just wondering how you are getting on?
Me too, I feel so invested in Rhodesian's life!
Original post by markova21
Hello @Rhodesian. Just wondering how you are getting on?

I’m doing good thanks.

I haven’t really been up to much. I just sit around in my accommodation all day.
It does get boring and I’m looking for something to fill up my time.

I’ve applied to a few retail jobs and hopefully I get a job.

My mother has tried calling me once but I didn’t pick up. Not sure if I should seeing all they’ve put me through. I don’t know if completely cutting off from them is the right thing though.

So for now I’m just relaxing trying to think in the long term and trying to be happy
I’m doing good thanks.

I haven’t really been up to much. I just sit around in my accommodation all day.

My mother has tried calling me once but I didn’t pick up. Not sure if I should seeing all they’ve put me through. I don’t know if completely cutting off from them is the right thing though.

So for now I’m just relaxing trying to think in the long term and trying to be happy

Good for you. I hope you do enjoy your stay over there until you feel like you can move on.
If I see you around Warwick, I’ll can give some advice but I hope you feel safer over there
I’m doing good thanks.

So how are things? Update please.
Presumably you are safe and secure?
Are the uni helping?
How are you doing for food?
Yes! How are you @Rhodesian ?
I just can’t fathom how parents can kick their own child out and leave them to fend for themselves. Your parents are a joke and I hope you never speak to them again. The fact your mother tried to call you is pathetic.

Also, I’m glad you have a roof over your head. Stay safe.
Original post by 999tigger
So how are things? Update please.
Presumably you are safe and secure?
Are the uni helping?
How are you doing for food?

I’m doing good thanks.

I’m staying at uni accommodation and they said I can stay over summer as well which is amazing.
Got my maintenance loan so I’m good for food and stuff.

Still trying to get a job but I got extra money from my unis hardship fund which is great.

Haven’t spoke to my family. My parents try to call me every once in a while but I ignore them. Not sure if I’ll ever talk to them again.
@Rhodesian --

I can't express how glad I am to hear that you are safe and well and that you're able to stay over summer too. Keep looking for that job and keep on keeping on! Proud of how well you're doing and that you're out of your initial horrible situation. :smile:
I've only seen this post now, but i literally can't show how happy i am that you're doing alright. Hopefully this situation will help you in the near future and strengthen you as a person. From what i've read you seem like the only nice person in your family.
I’m doing good thanks.

I’m staying at uni accommodation and they said I can stay over summer as well which is amazing.

Still trying to get a job but I got extra money from my unis hardship fund which is great.

Haven’t spoke to my family. My parents try to call me every once in a while but I ignore them. Not sure if I’ll ever talk to them again.

I didn't see the thread before now, but I have just read through it and I just wanted to say how well you have dealt with the situation considering how difficult it seems. Best of luck with everything in the future, and I'm sure you'll do really well in anything you set your mind to! Hope you manage to find a job x
Honestly this thread made me cry, the strength it takes to leave and cut out family for good. Despite having no money to your name, potentially being homeless. I know OP was kicked out but not turning around and apologising to his family and going back into the line of abuse is really hard. This really hits close to me. One day I will leave my family home and truly then my life will start. OP really hope you get those jobs you're applying for. And I wish you all the best for your future. Keep strong and stay safe.
Reply 237
I’m doing good thanks.

If it were me I'd have no contact with them but you are in a stable enough position to cope and decide. Good to see things are a lot better.

Good luck.
@Rhodesian
It's good to read the entire story, happy for you to be where you are now :smile: It's up to you now if you want to completely cut ties with your family.. You won't forget this experience so easily, and just wanted to say that children often perpetuate the behavior of their parents. If you don't see any affection, that's how it's going to be in the future. You can of course change it, this is what you are doing now, until you stop and give in. Just remember to not let this experience affect you negatively even if this might be a little difficult. Wishing you all the best
You won't make it. Iv slept rough and you don't have what it takes. Your young the hostel or council will take you in most likely or I'll get support. Your best option is a friend. I don't feel sorry for you. kicked out is not the same as being mentally abused or isolated and sleeping rough. parents don't kick out without reason.

Youll get help and all you have to do is make it work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending