HELP!! Got kicked out of home! Emergency!!

Watch
.Dezer.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by helloman1)
Very sorry to hear about your situation. May I ask why you were kicked out. Also try contacting the university and/or the Students Union as they might be able to help. Going to the police station may be a good bet as they may provide you with some details about any homeless shelters. You could also try explaining the situation to your parents - any good parent would help out their children. If you did something bad to them then it could be hard but I have heard of selfish parents kicking their kids out because they didn't pay rent - a ludicrous reason & the parents should feel ashamed of themselves. But then again I don't know your situation to make a judgement.

Yes but could be relevant for the future.
Well you would know his situation if you read the whole thread...
Advertisement
Anonymous #19
Report 2 months ago
Rhodesian
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by L-K)
Anyone else in need of a Rhodesian update?
We are all very invested now, I hope things are going well for you!
Hey I’m doing pretty well now.

I got a part time job in retail and am basically stayed in uni accommodation all summer.

Uni starts soon and I’ll move into the housing me and my friends planned.

Didn’t tell my friends what happened. Lied and said I’m staying with family in Birmingham for Summer. But I visit them in London every once in a while to keep in touch. I usually stay at their place.

Spoke to my dad once on the phone like 2 months ago and it ended in a massive argument. And ever since then I’ve had no contact with my family.

Once uni starts again everything will be a lot better I think. Main issue is being lonely rn. I face time my friends sometimes but I rarely see any of them. But that’ll change next month when uni starts
Advertisement
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Rhodesian)

I got a part time job in retail and am basically stayed in uni accommodation all summer.

Didn’t tell my friends what happened. Lied and said I’m staying with family in Birmingham for Summer. But I visit them in London every once in a while to keep in touch. I usually stay at their place.

Spoke to my dad once on the phone like 2 months ago and it ended in a massive argument. And ever since then I’ve had no contact with my family.

Once uni starts again everything will be a lot better I think. Main issue is being lonely rn. I face time my friends sometimes but I rarely see any of them. But that’ll change next month when uni starts
Good to hear things have managed to improve. At least you're away from their toxic presence and can live your life with the people you choose.

Good luck with uni.
V℮rsions
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago

Dude that's great you got a place to stay. I remember watching your thread update live, I didn't post anything because I genuinely had no idea how to help you, but I was concerned. Good to hear you are doing well now and got a job going. I feel for you being lonely, I know what that's like - but I hope you know everyone on here is here for you. Sucks about the family too, but some things you just cant control, hope you can focus on yourself and meeting your friends soon.
Advertisement
Banshee123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I’m ace

im actually so happy for you jeeeez
Idkidc123456
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
where are your parents from?
Advertisement
peachyaesthetic
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
that sucks y did u get kicked out
.Dezer.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago

I am so happy for you and I hope you the BEST for the rest of your life...
Advertisement
Anonymous #5
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by peachyaesthetic)
that sucks y did u get kicked out
Read the whole thread and you will see!
Anonymous #5
Report 2 months ago

That's great Rhodesian! You know where we are if you are lonely! x
Advertisement
helloman1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago

Glad to hear you are well! I think user: .Dezer took my post the wrong way. I still think it is unacceptable for your parents to treat you like this.
SmallAnt
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi, I’m 19 years old and as you can tell from the title I’ve just been kicked out of my house

I’ve managed to take my phone and my laptop with me. I had no time to pack clothes or anything like that.

I’m in London and I have no money or anywhere to go.
My student loan comes in on the 20th so I’ll have some money then.

I’m thinking of either going back to my uni accommodation by then. It’s in Warwick but I don’t have money for a train yet.
Maybe it would be better if I used the money to find a hostel in London. Maybe it would be cheaper idk.

I think I’ll be able to just walk around till the 20th.
I have like £3 so I’ll just buy caffeine to stay awake.

Any help or advice would be nice.

Currently typing this while walking the streets of London. Ngl I’m kinda scared
I hope you're safe, sorry to hear that.

Glad to see things have improved
Last edited by SmallAnt; 2 months ago
Advertisement
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Really glad to hear you are doing so well. Best of luck for going back to uni!
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Glad to read things have turned a corner, and also it is good of you to let everyone know.
username5283910
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by .Dezer.)
What kind of an imbecile are you? Read the whole thread before you make goddam assumptions you uuhhh. So sorry about that, but I am glad you are doing well now OP, I read through the whole thread and I am shocked really, my parents always threaten to kick me out, as a joke or not I will be petrified if that day comes. To see how well you have adapted and overcome barriers and finally made it is truely inspiring. I have parents that are very toxic as well and I can't even explain in one post about how bad they are, just to sum it up I TRUELY hope you have a bright new future.

Ps I know I am very late but ye ^
You can see I already said my bad, why include me in your comment with a quote. Here let my post alert you to a thread pointlessly, you imbecile. You can see i was shocked at the short amount of time of homelessness. You empathise with Op but you put other homeless ppl down who said 'my bad' already. Aren't you special, so go collect a blue Peter badge.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.29%
I'm not sure (24)
4.29%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (178)
31.79%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.14%
I'm not a current university student (266)
47.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed