Accidentally liked my teachers retweet!

Watch
CemXx732
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey! So I was scrolling through my schools twitter page, and clicked on one of their posts and saw my teacher had retweeted it. Being the nosey person I am, I clicked on their twitter page and had a cheeky scroll through their tweets. Then I accidentally liked their retweet of the schools post, but immediately I liked it. I’m worried they will get a notification and my life will be ruined!! 😂 please can someone comfort me
jd1202
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i feel you haha, there was one time in senior school i was being nosey browsing through teachers instagrams & accidentally requested my science teacher. i didn’t even realise i’d clicked the button until my head of year pulled me out of class & told me i was disrespectful and breaching her privacy! Still didn’t know who or what she was talking about until i remembered and went back to a few teachers instagram accounts stumbled upon my science teachers and realised what i’d done😂😂😂
CemXx732
Rep:
?
(Original post by jd1202)
i feel you haha, there was one time in senior school i was being nosey browsing through teachers instagrams & accidentally requested my science teacher. i didn’t even realise i’d clicked the button until my head of year pulled me out of class & told me i was disrespectful and breaching her privacy! Still didn’t know who or what she was talking about until i remembered and went back to a few teachers instagram accounts stumbled upon my science teachers and realised what i’d done😂😂😂
It’s so embarrassing isn’t it! Luckily I’m in year 13 so will hopefully not see them for a while. It was also on my second twitter account I mainly use for musicals so quickly changed my username and deactivated my account 😳😂
username402722
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I doubt if they will notice.
CemXx732
Rep:
?
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
Oh gosh how awful for you. You must be worried sick. I would be very worried - your life is ruined - how can you ever show your face again.

Get real - ffs - we are facing one of the most difficult times in living memory and you are worried about this - pathetic
I never said anything about how I don’t care about this difficult time, so if you have nothing supportive to say or have a laugh, get a grip and don’t comment. All you’re doing is stirring the pot, so why don’t you go get real- ffs- and waste your time on someone else’s post.
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CemXx732)
I never said anything about how I don’t care about this difficult time, so if you have nothing supportive to say or have a laugh, get a grip and don’t comment. All you’re doing is stirring the pot, so why don’t you go get real- ffs- and waste your time on someone else’s post.
You are fretting over something so minor - I am an ITU nurse ( redeployed from another area) and I have "got real" as you put it.
CemXx732
Rep:
?
You are fretting over something so minor - I am an ITU nurse ( redeployed from another area) and I have "got real" as you put it.
Okay great, thanks for all the work that you and other key workers are doing. But is there really any need to comment on a teens post just to spread something negative? I think not
CemXx732
Rep:
?
Yes there is actually. I live in London - the worst hit area in the country. I see teens hanging around together - not distancing themselves. They seem not to care. I watched a group of them on Thursday evening - all congregating outside for a smoke and a chat for hours. As I walk home from the shifts in the evening there are other groups all milling around - again not distancing.

We have truly raised a group of snowflakes who cannot cope because they have accidentally liked a tweet, or sent a naked selfie or got a funny look from a boy they liked or cannot cope with a little bit of stress.

Live my life for a few days and you will soon see a bit of reality.
London is very different to where I live. I’m from a little seaside town in Yorkshire, and have stuck to the social distancing rules as I live with my 80 year old grandparents. I get that the reality is different in bigger cities than where I live, and I am definitely not a snowflake. In the spur of the moment I was a bit embarrassed and wanted reassurance, something which all human beings want and require. I’m 18 and can cope with stress, I’m going through a difficult time too with my exams and uni. I haven’t met up with friends, so before you start making assumptions and stereotypes about the youth, you should learn a little about the person you are accusing
Academicbee123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes there is actually. I live in London - the worst hit area in the country. I see teens hanging around together - not distancing themselves. They seem not to care. I watched a group of them on Thursday evening - all congregating outside for a smoke and a chat for hours. As I walk home from the shifts in the evening there are other groups all milling around - again not distancing.

We have truly raised a group of snowflakes who cannot cope because they have accidentally liked a tweet, or sent a naked selfie or got a funny look from a boy they liked or cannot cope with a little bit of stress.

Live my life for a few days and you will soon see a bit of reality.
I don’t know why you’ve come onto this thread to spread your up-pent hatred for teenagers, but jog on honestly. You don’t have anything productive or relevant to say to help so go away. Project your negative energy somewhere else.
Last edited by Academicbee123; 1 year ago
squeakysquirrel
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
London is very different to where I live. I’m from a little seaside town in Yorkshire, and have stuck to the social distancing rules as I live with my 80 year old grandparents. I get that the reality is different in bigger cities than where I live, and I am definitely not a snowflake. In the spur of the moment I was a bit embarrassed and wanted reassurance, something which all human beings want and require. I’m 18 and can cope with stress, I’m going through a difficult time too with my exams and uni. I haven’t met up with friends, so before you start making assumptions and stereotypes about the youth, you should learn a little about the person you are accusing
On a scale of importance

10 - Not giving the virus to grandparents
9. Not getting virus yourself
8. Getting decent exams so you can have a good life
1. Worried about a tweet to a teacher

You are eighteen years old. You are old enough to vote, get married and join the army to fight for your country.

Quite frankly, I would be very concerned that you have both a rifle and a pencil to vote when you cannot put into perspective a "tweet" that you liked.

And I am not having a go, I just think you need to grow up
CemXx732
Rep:
?
On a scale of importance

10 - Not giving the virus to grandparents
9. Not getting virus yourself
8. Getting decent exams so you can have a good life
1. Worried about a tweet to a teacher

You are eighteen years old. You are old enough to vote, get married and join the army to fight for your country.

Quite frankly, I would be very concerned that you have both a rifle and a pencil to vote when you cannot put into perspective a "tweet" that you liked.

And I am not having a go, I just think you need to grow up
Okay that great, that’s your opinion. But my opinion is that things like this can be embarrassing for a teen, and from this thread you can see this is a worry for other people as well. I don’t understand why you needed to comment at all frankly, as this is a place for teens and students to share their worries, and not have to deal with negativity from people like yourself. I care about myself and my grandparents, but would appreciate it if you stopped judging me and maybe others. You do not know what I have to go through, and can therefore stop creating assumptions
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Okay that great, that’s your opinion. But my opinion is that things like this can be embarrassing for a teen, and from this thread you can see this is a worry for other people as well. I don’t understand why you needed to comment at all frankly, as this is a place for teens and students to share their worries, and not have to deal with negativity from people like yourself. I care about myself and my grandparents, but would appreciate it if you stopped judging me and maybe others. You do not know what I have to go through, and can therefore stop creating assumptions
Exactly. Not every conversation needs to be about covid 19. It's ridiculous to suggest you cannot talk about something worrying you because there is something worse happening as we'd talk about nothing.
CemXx732
Rep:
?
(Original post by Academicbee123)
I don’t know why you’ve come onto this thread to spread your up-pent hatred for teenagers, but jog on honestly. You don’t have anything productive or relevant to say to help so go away. Project your negative energy somewhere else.
Thank you 😊
CemXx732
Rep:
?
(Original post by Obolinda)
Exactly. Not every conversation needs to be about covid 19. It's ridiculous to suggest you cannot talk about something worrying you because there is something worse happening as we'd talk about nothing.
Thank you 😊
squeakysquirrel
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Believe me when i say I am not making assumption.

You are though. This website is not just for teens and students. We're it not for the huge cohort of parents, lecturers and helpers, it would not exist.

I am not being negative. I am being realistic. Teens these days are so protected that they often cannot cope with a minor glitch in life.

You think I wasn't a teen eh. I had problems .... left alone from the age of 12. My father a drug addicted alcoholic who eventually killed himself. And there is worse.

I am just saying You need to put stuff into perspective.
CemXx732
Rep:
?

You are though. This website is not just for teens and students. We're it not for the huge cohort of parents, lecturers and helpers, it would not exist.

I am not being negative. I am being realistic. Teens these days are so protected that they often cannot cope with a minor glitch in life.

You think I wasn't a teen eh. I had problems .... left alone from the age of 12. My father a drug addicted alcoholic who eventually killed himself. And there is worse.

And I am, but if you look at the other posts on this thread, you would realise that you are simply wasting time. We all go through these problems, and therefore need to support and spread positivity instead of downgrading one another in this time.
Academicbee123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

This isn’t the battle of who has it worst. It isn’t a competition. People are allowed to have different issues, no matter how large or small and your own circumstances don’t belittle the OP’s problem. I honestly still don’t understand why you’re here? To bully a teen because you can’t get your anger out somewhere else? And you called them childish! You’re on a random thread throwing hate because you’re angry that people actually have other problems that don’t revolve around you and your own issues.
squeakysquirrel
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Academicbee123)
This isn’t the battle of who has it worst. It isn’t a competition. People are allowed to have different issues, no matter how large or small and your own circumstances don’t belittle the OP’s problem. I honestly still don’t understand why you’re here? To bully a teen because you can’t get your anger out somewhere else? And you called them childish! You’re on a random thread throwing hate because you’re angry that people actually have other problems that don’t revolve around you and your own issues.
Mature. I am not bullying as you put it. I am trying to get OP to put things into perspective. OP can vote and join the army. Yet cannot rationalise something so minor.
CemXx732
Rep:
?
Mature. I am not bullying as you put it. I am trying to get OP to put things into perspective. OP can vote and join the army. Yet cannot rationalise something so minor.
I can speak for myself and say I am mature and can put things into perspective. You have just spiralled this out of control from an innocent post wanting support to some ridiculous debate.
Academicbee123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yet again you’re spewing irrelevancy. Don’t you think everyone knows what’s going on right now? Everyone is effected and everyone is still entitled to express other problems that they have. Frankly, you are the most immature in this thread and have a lot of self reflection to carry out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (55)
22.45%
Excited but a bit nervous (112)
45.71%
Not bothered either way (33)
13.47%
I'm really nervous (45)
18.37%

Watched Threads