Views on Cheating

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Just wondering people's views on it. Particularly guys and whether they think its acceptable in this day and age? also if you were aware of friends doing this, would you comment on it?
Arthur_Morgan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Disgusting, there's no excuse for it. If I knew a friend was cheating, I'd take him to the side and discuss it with him. I can't tell him what to do cos it's his life, but he'll damn well get to know what my thoughts are.
ultimateradman
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Bad.

Thats it.

And yes I would comment on it, tell them to stop.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Cheating = Bad
Anonymous #2
Report 6 months ago
as a decent human being you would tell your partner that you don't feel much attraction anymore and end it instead of cheating behind her back.
Anonymous #2
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
as a decent human being you would tell your partner that you don't feel much attraction anymore and end it instead of cheating behind her back.
or his back
lightcanes
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Bad
username4952620
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Inexcusable.
peaerhead7997
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Someone I know was disqualified from AS physics and had to retake it and stay behind another year in college to redo the AS and then the A2 part the next year as they need it for their course at university
NonIndigenous
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by peaerhead7997)
Someone I know was disqualified from AS physics and had to retake it and stay behind another year in college to redo the AS and then the A2 part the next year as they need it for their course at university
Not that sort of cheating.
peaerhead7997
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by NonIndigenous)
Not that sort of cheating.
Lmao I should read the section this topic is in - thought it was study as that's all I usually go on on TSR
NonIndigenous
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Just wondering people's views on it. Particularly guys and whether they think its acceptable in this day and age? also if you were aware of friends doing this, would you comment on it?
Addressing the above post... I'm actually impartial to cheating in exams. I've lived in several places, and not everywhere are the examinations designed as 'pragmatically' as in the UK. Nobody is going to memorise a table of thermal coefficients for 30 building materials, for example. Bollox. Everyone cheats then. Anyone who has nothing better to do with their time than to memorize gibberish like that is a ****.

In relationships, no. It ruins the other person. It is entirely egotistical. This has real mental consequences on other people, can throw them off balance and potentially write years off their life. Years in terms of self-doubt, but also loss of productivity due to damaged mental health. These things have real, measured, economic impacts. Someone actually calculated it somewhere. So it's not really a 'view'. It's a fact.
Last edited by NonIndigenous; 6 months ago
Nobody7
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Cheating is the end of the relationship, if you are gonna cheat or have problems with your partner then tell them, break up with them. What's annoying is how we are seeing how lightly people are starting to take it and glorifying it in a way on social media. What's also annoying is how cheaters act like they've done nothing wrong.
Theloniouss
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I'm gonna be controversial here, but hear me out guys. Cheating bad.

Why even make this thread? Nobody thinks cheating is acceptable.
Anonymous #3
Report 6 months ago
It’s acceptable, people cheat. You don’t always know the situation. I cheated on my ex-bf and haven’t looked back since. He still doesn’t know and I don’t intended to tell him. I just wanted to experience someone else.
Anonymous #3
Report 6 months ago
It’s acceptable, people cheat. You don’t always know the situation. I cheated on my ex-bf and haven’t looked back since. He still doesn’t know and I don’t intended to tell him. I just wanted to experience someone else.
If he’s got a small ****, a girl’s gotta cheat...
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
This is precisely my point. Why do you think its acceptable?

It creates the severe distrust I have in people, as if someone has the intention to cheat and cover it up, you can so easily do it.
Anonymous #3
Report 6 months ago
This is precisely my point. Why do you think its acceptable?

It creates the severe distrust I have in people, as if someone has the intention to cheat and cover it up, you can so easily do it.
It’s not always acceptable, obviously. Especially when you’re married and have kids etc and could potentially ruin their lives. But in my case with my bf, nothing was at stake, not much to lose. So I did it. Do I regret it? Kinda, but the sex was better and it made me realise I wasn’t happy in my current relationship.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
People also murder others.
People also commit fraud.
People also play loud music at 4am.
People also stockpile toilet roll.

Just because it happens doesn't make it acceptable.
Anonymous #3
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
People also murder others.
People also commit fraud.
People also play loud music at 4am.
People also stockpile toilet roll.

Just because it happens doesn't make it acceptable.
Acceptable to whom? What’s acceptable varies completely across religions, minorities, counties and political persuasions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (54)
15.38%
I'm not sure (9)
2.56%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (122)
34.76%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.71%
I'm not a current university student (160)
45.58%

Watched Threads