Student_xx03
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hey, so I’m in year 11 and obviously our GCSEs are cancelled and now there’s nothing to do. I’ve been feeling worried because ever since lock down I feel really lazy and haven’t been doing any work. Our teachers provided us a level resources on google classroom, like YouTube videos and different exam questions. There are some days where I do motivate myself to work but I feel ever since this lockdown my work ethic has just gone, I feel I’m not motivated to do anything and then I’m feeling really guilty about it. Because I’m doing biology, chemistry and maths everyone is saying that I should be working hard now. But then I think to myself that I do need a break. I am going to go through everything that the teachers have provided us, well I’m going to try to. But do you think I should be working hard now before a levels. I still don’t know my exam board for a levels so I can’t even start studying.
I really don’t know what to do

Thank you so much
f15es1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I’ve got the same issue. I’m taking art as well so we’ve been given effectively a whole project to complete at the minute but I’m so unmotivated. I think for me I’ll do the bridging work my school has given but just keep the subjects ticking over. I’m taking quite different subjects to what you’re taking but I think it’s sort of similar like I’m just gonna go over my subjects to make sure I don’t forget everything and have to reteach myself
exe-spencer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I'd say you should carry on working as though it's revision. you don't necessarily have to do masses, but just enough so you can keep on top of it all hope I helped
ohnojay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I would say revise the GCSE content for the a levels you're doing especially for sciences to make sure you know it all. I'm not sure if it's for everyone but we were told that any work from a date a few weeks ago, any work done would not count.
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
If you're confident in getting the grades you need to progress to sixth form, you don't have to "revise" per se.

Give yourself a break, but for maths I'd recommend doing some algebra work to keep yourself on your toes. This is the main reason why people struggle initially, not being too fluent on higher-grade GCSE topics.

You certainly don't need to start working hard now, otherwise you may end up not having any work to do in year 12.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (36)
17.65%
No one else does (67)
32.84%
I'm embarrassed about my background (20)
9.8%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (70)
34.31%
We don't use a video platform (3)
1.47%
I don't have a camera (3)
1.47%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
2.45%

Watched Threads