King's College London or University of Edinburgh

Watch
Satty_y
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I hold an offer for Economics at University of Edinburgh and for Geography at King's College London. I am having quite some problem deciding which one to firm. The courses are quite different in both the Universities, but I like both the courses. Although, I have realised that Economics would be a more beneficial course for me. I really like London and would've firmed King's if I had Economics there, however,I don't so its pretty tough to chose now. Edinburgh seems like a very pretty place and a very high ranked university which is making it even harder.
If there was a possibility of changing from Geography to Economics at king's after firming it, I would've gone for it. The chances of something like this happening seem slim, so I don't know if it would be worth the risk.

I would like to know how both these universities are in terms of reputation in the UK. Also, I would really appreciate if you guys could share your views and experience of the aforementioned universities and give some advices .
Bettiah
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Satty_y)
I hold an offer for Economics at University of Edinburgh and for Geography at King's College London. I am having quite some problem deciding which one to firm. The courses are quite different in both the Universities, but I like both the courses. Although, I have realised that Economics would be a more beneficial course for me. I really like London and would've firmed King's if I had Economics there, however,I don't so its pretty tough to chose now. Edinburgh seems like a very pretty place and a very high ranked university which is making it even harder.
If there was a possibility of changing from Geography to Economics at king's after firming it, I would've gone for it. The chances of something like this happening seem slim, so I don't know if it would be worth the risk.

I would like to know how both these universities are in terms of reputation in the UK. Also, I would really appreciate if you guys could share your views and experience of the aforementioned universities and give some advices .
In my view both are equally good. Look at the long term. The critical issue that you must decide is what you intend to do after economics or geography and where? It is the subject that you need to focus on and decide whether you are willing to commit 3 years of your life to it...and maybe beyond? Based on what you have said it seems to suggest that you are really interested in economics rather than geography. So put your heart into it at Edinburgh, get a top grade and go on to the next phase of your life. If you get a poor grade at Edinburgh or KCL, your next phase will be very challenging indeed.
Thepizzawaffle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Look at the places and accommodation too and see if you can imagine yourself there. I chose Edinburgh because its so beautiful and its a very Prestige uni known world wide. I cant comment for kings college as it wasn’t an option for me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.58%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (799)
42.12%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (376)
19.82%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (85)
4.48%

Watched Threads