The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele University accommodation

Im trying to decide between Lindsay en-suite plus and Barnes en-suite superior.
Does anyone have any pros and cons from living there themselves or even better photos of the two. I haven’t been able to find any pics of the bathroom in Barnes x
Thank you x
Original post by SophieTidd
Does anyone have any pros and cons from living there themselves or even better photos of the two. I haven’t been able to find any pics of the bathroom in Barnes x
Thank you x

What course are you going to study? If it's something life science or physical science (or Music actually) related then chances are you're in buildings which are a lot closer to Lindsay. :wink:

The Lindsay building are older, the en-suite rooms in Lindsay court are maybe 25 years old. New Barnes was built 2 years ago (it's different to Old Barnes). That doesn't mean the buildings are better, Barnes flooded last year, to the hilarity of all the students who has seen it get built.

Both a pretty competitive, furniture in Barnes will be pretty new, the bathrooms in there are pretty small as I recall though. Kitchens tend to be quite big and homely on the other hand, though you may end up with a view of the main road onto campus, so Lindsay may well be quieter - though is closer to the nearby farm so you do smell the cows quite regularly.
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Thank you x

Hello there! I think the previous post compared the two halls really well and is very informative. However, I just wanted to jump on here to say that I lived in the en-suite superior flats in Barnes last year and I loved it and miss it to this day! The bathrooms in there are quite small, but I didn't see it as much of an issue because it was made for one person. There also enough storage space for your toiletries etc in the bathroom, so you don't have to carry everything back and forth when you need a shower! I also liked how the rooms were arranged in cluster flats, with 8 students in one flat. We also had a really big kitchen with loads of storage and fridge/freezer space for just 8 people! The kitchen was a great social space for everyone in the flat.
My colleague @Keele Student Ambassador lived in Lindsay court in her first year, so it's worth asking her what it was like and comparing our answers!
If you would like to know anything else about Barnes or the university in general, please don't hesitate to ask. :smile:
Thank you x

Hi there!

I’ve just seen my colleagues @Keele Student Ambassador1 post!

I lived in the Lindsay Court en-suit accommodation during my first year of study. This was before the new Barnes accommodation was built! I absolutely loved my time there. The rooms in Lindsay Court are so spacious. I remember some students telling me they were bigger than their bedrooms back home! The bathrooms are also very spacious and generous in size whereas like my colleague says, the Barnes ones are fairly small. However, Barnes is much more modern and from the pictures i’ve seen, the kitchen/living space than Barnes has to offer does look a lot more social and relaxing than the kitchen/diner that Lindsay Court has to offer.

Lindsay Court is right next to Lindsay Bar which was absolutely fantastic. The food and drink at Lindsay bar is affordable and very tasty! Lindsay Bar also has pool tables and darts which we used a lot, outdoor seating and it often hosts pub quizzes ect which was so good to be so close to!

As much as I loved Lindsay, if I had to live in accommodation on campus again, I would choose Barnes for the modernity and social space in the accommodation. I like the fact the flats are segregated to 8 per Kitchen/Dining room. Lindsay court is one big square so even though you don’t share a kitchen with many, it can actually be confusing as to who’s kitchen is who’s because of the building lay out! However, social wise outside of the accommodation rooms, Lindsay Court would win due to having Lindsay Bar on your doorstep.

They’re both only a stones throw away from the center of campus so location wise, they’re both fabulous. I do believe Barnes is slightly more pricey than Lindsay Court though!

I’m sorry for the long post, I hope it’s helped you a little though! If you have any more questions then please do ask! :smile:

Good luck with your choice! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest