lilnna3
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi I have an offer for a master’s starting September 2020 and I am trying to find out when the payment dates would be for student finance wales. Looking at my university policy they require a third of the tuition fees paid at online enrolment, the next third 90 days after and the final payment 90 days after that. If student finance only pay your first instalment after enrolment and the other payments in January and April/May (similar to undergraduate), it seems like the payment dates will be after the dates my university will require payment. Has anyone else been in this situation or know anything about this? Seems a bit weird that the dates don’t match up, I won’t be able to afford to go this year if that’s the case as I don’t have much saved money to use until I get the next student finance payment :/
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lilnna3)
Hi I have an offer for a master’s starting September 2020 and I am trying to find out when the payment dates would be for student finance wales. Looking at my university policy they require a third of the tuition fees paid at online enrolment, the next third 90 days after and the final payment 90 days after that. If student finance only pay your first instalment after enrolment and the other payments in January and April/May (similar to undergraduate), it seems like the payment dates will be after the dates my university will require payment. Has anyone else been in this situation or know anything about this? Seems a bit weird that the dates don’t match up, I won’t be able to afford to go this year if that’s the case as I don’t have much saved money to use until I get the next student finance payment :/
The dates will be based on your course term dates. Speaking to your university is the best way to find out payment dates and whether they have a fee payment plan that matches the loan payment dates.
Yasminyad3s
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey,

The same thing happened to me with a part time course that I started in January 2020. My payment dates from student finance were scheduled 6 days after the due payment date for the university.

All I did was call up student finance to tell them. They told me once I had enrolled (which should be a couple of days before your course actually starts) just pop down/call/email the university finance department to let them know the awkward dates. Once you have been enrolled on the course and SF been notified, they would automatically fix the dates. So it falls in line with your payment due date.

Hope this helps
lilnna3
Rep:
?
(Original post by Yasminyad3s)
Hey,

The same thing happened to me with a part time course that I started in January 2020. My payment dates from student finance were scheduled 6 days after the due payment date for the university.

All I did was call up student finance to tell them. They told me once I had enrolled (which should be a couple of days before your course actually starts) just pop down/call/email the university finance department to let them know the awkward dates. Once you have been enrolled on the course and SF been notified, they would automatically fix the dates. So it falls in line with your payment due date.

Hope this helps
Hey! That’s cool, so your uni changed the payment deadline to match the student finance payment date? Hopefully mine will do that too, maybe the 90 day thing I read was for self funded students only. I’ve emailed the university fees department so I’ll see what they say. Thanks!
lilnna3
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
The dates will be based on your course term dates. Speaking to your university is the best way to find out payment dates and whether they have a fee payment plan that matches the loan payment dates.
Thank you, I’ve emailed them and will see what they say
Yasminyad3s
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey! That’s cool, so your uni changed the payment deadline to match the student finance payment date? Hopefully mine will do that too, maybe the 90 day thing I read was for self funded students only. I’ve emailed the university fees department so I’ll see what they say. Thanks!
Hey, I think they changed the student finance payment date actually in the end. But yeah if you just let both of them know. They will get on it.

They tend to be very responsive when it comes to their payments.

Good luck with your course and studies!
lilnna3
Rep:
?
(Original post by Yasminyad3s)
Hey, I think they changed the student finance payment date actually in the end. But yeah if you just let both of them know. They will get on it.

They tend to be very responsive when it comes to their payments.

Good luck with your course and studies!
Thank you, I will!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (17)
17.71%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (27)
28.13%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (9)
9.38%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (10)
10.42%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
5.21%
I think it's an unfair expectation (26)
27.08%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
2.08%

Watched Threads