River360
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by bitofsquirrel)
Got the email just now for Think Big Postgrad!!! So excited but also worried about how the situation will be by September. Congrats to everyone else who has been awarded (:
Hi
Congratulations on being selected
Please which of the scholarships did you apply for ? Is it the full or partial scholarship?
yhmchuu
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
has anyone received an email yet for the undergrad scholarships? :/ kinda anxious
Esta0202
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by yhmchuu)
has anyone received an email yet for the undergrad scholarships? :/ kinda anxious
I just got an email. I think all successful candidates have been informed. They are sending out unsuccessful candidates currently. i just received mine
yhmchuu
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
nvm lmao i just got an email saying im unsuccessful

Georgio136
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
nvm lmao i just got an email saying im unsuccessful
same :/
Utkarsh 17
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Alas! I got rejected for think big undergrad but congratulations to all the people who received it
mahsd
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Has anyone heard anything for the round 2? On the website it says successful candidates will be informed by 10th of July (today).
pondwat3r
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Esta0202)
I am guessing so? But also one of the staff members said “we will inform you by tomorrow the 29th of April” when in fact today is the 29th. I was confused by this as well. However they said candidates who did not receive a scholarship might get automatically considered for the 2nd round(results posted by July 10th as long as you accept Bristol as one of your choices). Additionally they also said for undergrad 5 candidates will receive the 10k p.a and 10 for the 5k p.a award.
Hi! I'm applying this year, do you know approximately how many undergrads apply for the award? Whats the ratio of applicants to winners? This is my only shot at studying in the UK :/
pondwat3r
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by bitofsquirrel)
Got the email just now for Think Big Postgrad!!! So excited but also worried about how the situation will be by September. Congrats to everyone else who has been awarded (:
I hope you are doing well (in Bristol?). Anyhow, I'm applying for the undergraduate one this year and its my only shot at studying in the UK. I was wondering if you have any pointers or tips for applying? What do you think made you stand out? Thank you!!
1234raizer
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey. I am planning on applying for the same scholarship. For those of you who got the scholarship, would you guys mind sharing your Alvl results and co curricular activities that were stated in the application? I just want to know if I actually stand a chance to get the scholarship and whether or not I should spend time applying for it.
dylanyap13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 1234raizer)
Hey. I am planning on applying for the same scholarship. For those of you who got the scholarship, would you guys mind sharing your Alvl results and co curricular activities that were stated in the application? I just want to know if I actually stand a chance to get the scholarship and whether or not I should spend time applying for it.
Hi 1234raizer, yes I got AA*A and applied for the scholarship, it was a long and hard process which involved many task and requirements that I was able to set aside a lot of my time to ensure I get the best chance possible. Here are my tips on getting the scholarship,
1. It is important to be true to yourself
2. You must show your true dedication to the course
3. It is important that you have sufficient amount of co-curriculum activities.
4. Don't pressure yourself too much and don't stress out too much as well.
Hope these tips helped. It worked for me as I got rejected from the scholarship.
ALEVELPROPLAYER
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi RuiZhe from Sunway College, Malaysia. I think that everyone from Malaysia is capable to get the scholarship, unless you’re a memer and always tell lame jokes☹️ But wish u luck!
pondwat3r
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by dylanyap13)
Hi 1234raizer, yes I got AA*A and applied for the scholarship, it was a long and hard process which involved many task and requirements that I was able to set aside a lot of my time to ensure I get the best chance possible. Here are my tips on getting the scholarship,
1. It is important to be true to yourself
2. You must show your true dedication to the course
3. It is important that you have sufficient amount of co-curriculum activities.
4. Don't pressure yourself too much and don't stress out too much as well.
Hope these tips helped. It worked for me as I got rejected from the scholarship.
isnt the process just answering a bunch of 200 word essay prompts?
pondwat3r
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Esta0202)
I am guessing so? But also one of the staff members said “we will inform you by tomorrow the 29th of April” when in fact today is the 29th. I was confused by this as well. However they said candidates who did not receive a scholarship might get automatically considered for the 2nd round(results posted by July 10th as long as you accept Bristol as one of your choices). Additionally they also said for undergrad 5 candidates will receive the 10k p.a and 10 for the 5k p.a award.
Hi! I was actually confused about the final monetary sum. You mentioned that its 10k p.a., which i assume is per annum. So if it a 10k award every year totaling 30k or is it a one time 10k award? Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (191)
5.05%
Uncertainty around my education (554)
14.66%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (421)
11.14%
Lack of purpose or motivation (519)
13.73%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (189)
5%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (226)
5.98%
Loneliness (317)
8.39%
Financial worries (139)
3.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (147)
3.89%
Exposure to negative news/social media (169)
4.47%
Lack of real life entertainment (215)
5.69%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (337)
8.92%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (355)
9.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed