Ponizo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi there!
A place for ones who are going to study a masters degree at UAL. There are fewer people than for a bachelor degree, and it would be nice to connect.

My name is Tanya. I'm going to study MA Design program.
jihanem
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ponizo)
Hi there!
A place for ones who are going to study a masters degree at UAL. There are fewer people than for a bachelor degree, and it would be nice to connect.

Hi ! Just accepted my offer MA Design for Art Direction at LCC ! A little bit worried about the covid situation and thinking about defferal!
What about you guys?
WhiteHare
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am wondering how long did it take from completing the application, until receiving an offer? I've applied pretty late and am wondering what to expect!
Thanks
jihanem
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by WhiteHare)
I am wondering how long did it take from completing the application, until receiving an offer? I've applied pretty late and am wondering what to expect!
Thanks
For the MA in Art Direction I applied in early February! Got asked for my portfolio in late February and did the interview early April!
It was a lot quicker for the MA in Advertising, directly got an offer without interview mid March after submmiting my portfolio!
Best of luck
WhiteHare
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jihanem)
For the MA in Art Direction I applied in early February! Got asked for my portfolio in late February and did the interview early April!
It was a lot quicker for the MA in Advertising, directly got an offer without interview mid March after submmiting my portfolio!
Best of luck
Thank you!
So it looks like I should be expecting a little bit of a wait.

Congratulations on your offers!
Hope you enjoy your course.
jihanem
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you!
So it looks like I should be expecting a little bit of a wait.

Congratulations on your offers!
Hope you enjoy your course.
Thanks! Although I am thinking about deferal due to all this covid 19 situation
Ponizo
Rep:
?
Hi ! Just accepted my offer MA Design for Art Direction at LCC ! A little bit worried about the covid situation and thinking about defferal!
What about you guys?
Congratulations! Where are you from?
I don't know yet, I want to wait till summer at least to see whats the situation will be.

Thanks
I've sent my portfolio 20.11.2019
Got an invitation for an interview 04.03.2020
Had a Skype interview 31.03.2020
They told me that I will get an official letter within 1-3 weeks
Got an official offer 01.04.2020

So they definitely take their time)
solova25
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey! quick question, any tips in the skype interview, what type of questions should I expect, I also applied fo the MA Design Art Direction, I submit my portfolio late march but I have not heard from the uni, I believed is because of all the covid situation,
xxx0xxxo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there!

Hi guys! I'm planning to apply for the MA Cities but haven't sent it through yet. How long did it take to get a response and did you have interviews?X
jihanem
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by leopard202)
Hi guys! I'm planning to apply for the MA Cities but haven't sent it through yet. How long did it take to get a response and did you have interviews?X
Around two months and a half! Best of luck I did have an interview for on of the two offers I've got! So I think it depends on the course
Ponizo
Rep:
?
(Original post by solova25)
Hey! quick question, any tips in the skype interview, what type of questions should I expect, I also applied fo the MA Design Art Direction, I submit my portfolio late march but I have not heard from the uni, I believed is because of all the covid situation,
Hi! General things: try to relax before the interview, Make sure, there won't be any background noise, If possible, I would use a headset or headphones of some kind. Or just a quiet room.
Try to calm down in advance, think through what will you ask and how will you answer their questions. Reread your personal statement and have your portfolio before your eyes.
Also I made a lot of notes with bullet points of things that I want to tell and ask and I've set them up near the screen and the camera. It won't be visible for the interviewers to see that you are looking at them. Though I would reccomend not to put a lot of text there. Just something for you to structure your answers.
I've gathered some questions from TSR threads and my own interview.

Why do you find particularly interesting in Jewellery and metal?
What is your creative ambition?
Where do you see yourself developing?
What kind of jewellery would you like to do? What direction will your work be taking?
Would you like to tell me a bit about this work? How did your creative process go? Why this shape? Why this colour and texture? Who is it for? What’s the context?
What inspires you or what do you look at outside the field of jewellery?
Do you have any role models, that do what you might want to do?
What do you like about them? What do you dislike about them? What would you do differently?
How do you think we might be able to help you achieve your ambition?
Why do you think we should offer you a place? What can you bring us?
How will you fund your studies?
Do you have any concerns about studying here and abroad?
Do you have any questions?

Why did you choose to apply to MA design here, at CSM?
You’ve looked at other places as well. What about CSM interested you? If you did the course, what is the dream, where do you see yourself in five years or so?
(It is important for us to understand the vision and the outcome, so we can see how people are putting their work together against that.)
Would you like to choose something from your portfolio for us to talk about?
What was the response of people, when they saw this project?
What types of design is interesting to you?
Let’s talk about your project proposal.
Tell me what is in the core of that project in three sentences.
As they looked through my portfolio, they asked why many of my pieces were not that well thought through as my project proposal.
And after that, we mostly just discussed my project.
p_andreas
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello guys! Does anyone know how many weeks do we have to confirm a place from the date we get the offer?
solova25
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi! General things: try to relax before the interview, Make sure, there won't be any background noise, If possible, I would use a headset or headphones of some kind. Or just a quiet room.
Try to calm down in advance, think through what will you ask and how will you answer their questions. Reread your personal statement and have your portfolio before your eyes.
Also I made a lot of notes with bullet points of things that I want to tell and ask and I've set them up near the screen and the camera. It won't be visible for the interviewers to see that you are looking at them. Though I would reccomend not to put a lot of text there. Just something for you to structure your answers.
I've gathered some questions from TSR threads and my own interview.

Why do you find particularly interesting in Jewellery and metal?
What is your creative ambition?
Where do you see yourself developing?
What kind of jewellery would you like to do? What direction will your work be taking?
Would you like to tell me a bit about this work? How did your creative process go? Why this shape? Why this colour and texture? Who is it for? What’s the context?
What inspires you or what do you look at outside the field of jewellery?
Do you have any role models, that do what you might want to do?
What do you like about them? What do you dislike about them? What would you do differently?
How do you think we might be able to help you achieve your ambition?
Why do you think we should offer you a place? What can you bring us?
How will you fund your studies?
Do you have any concerns about studying here and abroad?
Do you have any questions?

Why did you choose to apply to MA design here, at CSM?
You’ve looked at other places as well. What about CSM interested you? If you did the course, what is the dream, where do you see yourself in five years or so?
(It is important for us to understand the vision and the outcome, so we can see how people are putting their work together against that.)
Would you like to choose something from your portfolio for us to talk about?
What was the response of people, when they saw this project?
What types of design is interesting to you?
Let’s talk about your project proposal.
Tell me what is in the core of that project in three sentences.
As they looked through my portfolio, they asked why many of my pieces were not that well thought through as my project proposal.
And after that, we mostly just discussed my project.
Wow thank you very much!!
Ponizo
Rep:
?
(Original post by solova25)
Wow thank you very much!!
Welcome.)

(Original post by p_andreas)
Hello guys! Does anyone know how many weeks do we have to confirm a place from the date we get the offer?
That's what my email said:
"The most important thing you need to do is tell us if you would like accept or decline our offer by 31 August 2020 if your course starts in September/October 2020 and and 26 November 2020 if your course starts in January 2021.. Please login to your UAL Portal to respond to this offer."
p_andreas
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Welcome.)

That's what my email said:
"The most important thing you need to do is tell us if you would like accept or decline our offer by 31 August 2020 if your course starts in September/October 2020 and and 26 November 2020 if your course starts in January 2021.. Please login to your UAL Portal to respond to this offer."
Thank you very much! PERFECT!
hiagne
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi, has anyone here applied for MA Strategic Fashion Marketing? Just wondering how long the wait is to hear back and whether people have had interviews for this course? I have applied pretty late but just wanted to see how long I should expect to wait for a response! Thanks
University of the Arts London Student Reps
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by hiagne)
Hi, has anyone here applied for MA Strategic Fashion Marketing? Just wondering how long the wait is to hear back and whether people have had interviews for this course? I have applied pretty late but just wanted to see how long I should expect to wait for a response! Thanks
Hi Hiagne,

I hope you are well. You should have received an confirmation email with your login details for your UAL Portal, this is where we will get in touch with you regarding your application so is really important you are regularly checking your emails for any updates.

It can take a few weeks or longer to hear from UAL regarding your application so please try and not panic if you don't hear back straight away! There is several various postgraduate courses at UAL so the application process all varies slightly.

If you are worried about the length of time that you are yet to hear anything back you can get in touch with the admissions team direct on your portal.

I hope that helps you and please feel free to ask anymore questions you may have!

Best wishes,

Zoe
UAL Student Rep
kinji
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
What about you guys?
Heya! I have an MA offer too at LCC but also considering whether it's worth going this year at all!
Have you been able to reach a decision?
John__
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hello!
Anyone here who has applied to MA fine art: photography at Camberwell (UAL)?
Candelaguyot
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi! Somebody applied for MA in Fashion Artefact at LCF? I’ve submitted my portfolio and I‘m wondering if there are interviews for this course. How long does it take to get an answer? Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What uni admissions terms did you/do you find confusing?

Adjustment (104)
14.19%
AAM (Additional Assessment Materials) (80)
10.91%
Changed course offer (34)
4.64%
Clearing (53)
7.23%
Conditional offer (10)
1.36%
Deferral (30)
4.09%
Ucas Extra (85)
11.6%
First Generation or First in Family (23)
3.14%
Point of Entry (49)
6.68%
Self-release (106)
14.46%
Tariff Point (59)
8.05%
Unconditional offer (10)
1.36%
Withdrawal (21)
2.86%
I understood all of the language used in the application process (65)
8.87%
I found another term confusing (let us know in the thread!) (4)
0.55%

Watched Threads