study music recommendations!

Watch
snap crackle pop
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello everyone, I was just curious as to what music everyone is listening to while studying! Since online lessons began I feel like I'm not really able to focus, but I think listening to music would help me concentrate better. I'd love to know everyone's recommendations!

username5028454
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I listen to a lot of post-tonal music when I study because it doesn't have a melody line in the conventional sense, so it's not too distracting. It can take some time getting used to, though. Try out Schoenberg's ops. 11 + 23 and see what you think. I would also recommend Berg's lyric suite and Prokofiev's Visions Fugitives (the latter is more tonal but still on par with the music of the previous two composers).
snap crackle pop
Rep:
Thank you for your recommendations. I checked them out, and I really liked Prokofiev's Visions Fugitives :-D
ohnojay
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I like listening to piano/orchestra music of songs that I like. Due to no lyrics it helps me focus more.
snap crackle pop
Rep:
(Original post by ohnojay)
I like listening to piano/orchestra music of songs that I like. Due to no lyrics it helps me focus more.
Me too! What's your favourite one to listen while working?
ohnojay
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by snap crackle pop)
Me too! What's your favourite one to listen while working?
I like to listen to the bts + bp ones, wbu? c:
snap crackle pop
Rep:
(Original post by ohnojay)
I like to listen to the bts + bp ones, wbu? c:
I loooveee the bts ones!! I usually listen to piano covers of queen, they're dope :-D
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (8)
10%
Okay (26)
32.5%
A bit lacking (22)
27.5%
Not good at all (24)
30%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed