How to get a 9 in RS

Watch this thread
violetvine
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello! I'm planning to take some of my GCSEs in September, one of them being RS. RS is not my strongest subject and my predicted is a 7. People call it the 'easy one'... can anyone give any tips on how to secure a better grade?
e2002!
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
What exam board are you doing?

I think the best thing that you can do is just learn as much of the content as possible and know exactly what each question is asking for. Eg in aqa have to include a quote in a five marker to get full marks.

Also make sure you know your key terms otherwise that can really trip you up. I got a 5 in my year 11 mock because i forgot what omnipotent meant, mixed up capital and corporeal punishment, and didn’t know what salah meant and these were all 12 markers (tragic i know). But i did get a 9 in the final exam!

You honestly might do better than you think i know plenty of people at my school who did bad in RE mocks and then got good grades and i think that’s the subject that gets the highest grades at gcse at my school.

If you have anymore specific questions feel free to ask, like i say i did aqa.
username5251466
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I got a 9 doing aqa RS last year. Time manage well, literally plough through the first few questions and don't overwrite for them. Defo learn key terms.
Learn lots of quotes for the religion parts (and for themes but not as much) - especially those that may apply universally. Don't rely on "love thy neighbour". Always remember to add a quote for a five markers. You can make up christianity essays tbh just remember to put in evidence.
Make sure even ur 4 markers are a structure of 2 distinct points. This makes it easier to mark.
Read the spec and make sure you know something about all aspects mentioned.
Make sure 12 markers link between points and show a clear structure. Write a strong, evaluative conclusion for top marks by using the regular; "although ... states this, ... provides a stronger argument and therefore I agree/disagree with the statement."
Plan a few 12 markers under timed conditions with either 3 or 4 main points or write timed essays.
KrazyKriss
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
QUOTES I cannot stress this enough! You need these to support your argument. Use Mr McMillian on yt if you like videos.
Have a CLEAR STRUCTURE
for 12 mark qs ALWAYS say why your argument is stronger than the opposing argument ie. "The fundamental flaw in this argument is...." "This argument is weak because..." "My argument is more valid/ stronger since..."
Use KEYWORDS from your textbook
There are no shortcuts in RS its long but a great additional grade 9
Lucy98654
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by violetvine)
Hello! I'm planning to take some of my GCSEs in September, one of them being RS. RS is not my strongest subject and my predicted is a 7. People call it the 'easy one'... can anyone give any tips on how to secure a better grade?
I did it in year 10 and got a 9 by basically writing model answers to any question that could come up and learning then-that way you learn content but in the way you would be tested. Even if you write them using your notes and keep going over them at least you are still retrieving your knowlege. GOOD LUCK !
Greywolf.
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by KrazyKriss)
QUOTES I cannot stress this enough! You need these to support your argument. Use Mr McMillian on yt if you like videos.
Have a CLEAR STRUCTURE
for 12 mark qs ALWAYS say why your argument is stronger than the opposing argument ie. "The fundamental flaw in this argument is...." "This argument is weak because..." "My argument is more valid/ stronger since..."
Use KEYWORDS from your textbook
There are no shortcuts in RS its long but a great additional grade 9
So if it’s any consolation I hardly used any quotes in my GCSE RE exam and I got a 9
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.18%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.94%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.88%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
17.65%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.35%

Watched Threads