Cardiff VS Cardiff Met uni

Watch this thread
Lucy98654
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
What are the major differences between the two-which is better?
Cookie0799
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lucy98654)
Met is a campus based uni quite a way from cardiff city centre unlike Cardiff which has buildings all over the city. In terms of rankings Cardiff Uni is probably better in most aspects - however I know someone that dropped out of a course at Cardiff and started a new one at Met and said they felt much more supported. It's impossible to say which one is better really - you might succeed better at Met despite the rankings, it's all personal. Try to speak to someone from your course at each uni as this will give you a better feel.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lucy98654)
I did 3 years at Cardiff met and they have come back for my masters-the only reason I chose to do it here was because I had alumni discount. I can't stand the place and I'm so glad I never have to go there again. It depends on what course you are doing and what campus. I was on cyncoed. My personal experience is that English lecturers really do the least (the absolute least) in terms of support and you never quite know what to do, whereas I know the education lecturers are amazing. I had a friend who did Law at Cardiff and she loved it so much. The support was there, it was a great environment (Cardiff met is just full of sports students-everywhere). Cardiff uni is more central and it's easier to get to. If I had the chance to go back and not go to Cardiff Met, I would.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (275)
42.18%
The paper was reasonable (269)
41.26%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.2%
It was TERRIBLE (48)
7.36%

Watched Threads